1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

LOL! You're the one who works there--you tell us!

But what I know of cashmere from my own experience is that what makes it great is that it is so soft and so warm.

2. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

[quote name="sowon" url="/t/317627/
    Also, are those cashmere sweaters and cardigans really worth it around ~$100? It's just crazy expensive for me for a sweater even at that price point. Can someone explain to be what makes cashmere so great?
    [/quote]

To me, cashmere sweaters are warm, soft and clean / sharp looking. I have polled forum members and have really to date not found cashmere sweaters at a better value than J Crew. Most of the time when I ask for cashmere sweater recommendations, I get recommended brands at $500 or more. As a comparison, Uniqlo has cashmere sweaters that are flimsy and thin at $80 bucks or so, and are not comparable. I don't really see much cashmere between that and Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers, which are $400 bucks regular price and $275 and up on sale.

4. sowon

sowon Member

Quote: Ahahahaha I know huh? Cashmere definitely looks sharper and more luxurious but its just hard to take care of them and are pretty expensive. Considering I'm a poor recent grad it just doesn't seem like the best items to get for the money.

1 person likes this.
  5. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Does anyone know if Jcrew have black friday sales?

6. dEX

dEX Senior member

Anyone know if J Crew purchases can be returned to J Crew factory stores?

7. sowon

sowon Member

There might be but I don't know for sure. Maybe 30% off everything?

I think you can, but the best way to find out for sure is to talk to their chat support on their website.

8. sowon

sowon Member

In fact I think they just updated their website to 30% off everything online and in-store. Not sure about 3rd party stuff.

9. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Only if you bought it online from the Factory Outlet or in an Outlet store.

Factory can only be returned to Factory and Retail can only be returned to Retail. They're two separate entities.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  10. noobman30

noobman30 Member

Does anyone know if you can stack the in store 30% off with the student discount?

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

12. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

From my experience, no.

If it requires a coupon code, they won't let you stack. But for clearance items with an automatic 40% off, then yes.

Doesn't hurt to ask an SA though.

13. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

I haven't been able to stack discounts either.

14. Robert

Robert Senior member

It's 2010 all over again. I just nabbed a Firemans jacket in Medium (to replace my too-big Large). What a difference.

And I have to say, I look back fondly on 2009-2010 in the J. Crew lineup. It had a je ne sais quoi that I have missed since, especially in the 2013 seasons.

15. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

+1

In addition, in store you can typically stack your student discount (but, again, it depends on the sale).

16. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Is there a noticeable difference with Thinsulate lining? I picked up the topcoat in store today, but am curious as to whether or not I'd be better off with the Thinsulate.

17. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Gents, a lot of the Ludlow suiting is 30% off... I'm wearing the houndstooth one right now at work. I will continue to promote these. I get a size 42 blazer and size 34 pant... The only alterations needed are:
    1) Shortening of sleeves of blazer
    2) Letting out pant waist by 0.5 inches
    3) If the pant legs are 32, getting them shortened. If they are 30, no shortening needed
    Alterations for me are free (cardholder) and done within a few days.

At $525 on sale, these suits are very good IMO. Hassle free, spot on fit, versatile for work and for fun. I wish the navy worsted were on sale, I'd get that one as well.

18. poena

poena Senior member

I almost never see matching tops and bottoms on sale though otherwise I'd give it a shot.

19. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Purchased the Broadmoor quilted camo vest in-store with the 30% off...

I would have waited but the online store didn't even carry a XS.

20. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Scored a peacoat and a few wool sweaters off of Jcrew Sample sale in NY..pretty good deals...
    Few ludlow suits (mixed) as well...