J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Leather

Leather Senior member

I've had mine for about a year with decent amount of walking and it's held up great. It's on par with Clark's in term of durability, but the sole feels a bit softer imo.

2. dmbp

dmbp Well-Known Member

That is the merino wool ludlow suit.

It's a nice piece and is exclusive to the ludlow shop this year. Should be full production next year.

They have a cashmere suit there too that runs upwards of $1500+

3. masshi

masshi Senior member

does j.crew accept returns well past 30 days for store credit or something?

tags are still on and never been worn (only tried on)

4. enigma7

enigma7 Active Member

Yes, they do.

5. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

I've had mine for four years and they are on their deathbed. I've worn them 3x per week or more during the spring-autumn months. I wore them on a marathon 2-day NYC walking tour with friends and wanted to commit suicide from the pain. I wore them to Versailles and Giverny and was in pain as well though less as those were shorter days. I've talked to a friend who wears his Clark's a lot and finds they've held up better but I can't confirm.

I intend to buy Alden flex welt chukkas to replace these. If you plan to wear the macallisters as often as me and on hard surfaces, the harder crepe sole of the Clark's may be better. The Alden flex welt is probably best.

6. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

This is great to know. I'm hopeful that it will be in full production soon. Does the Hudson St shop act as a test market for new J Crew items?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013

7. dmbp

dmbp Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. But for suiting, yeah kinda.

Between you and me, they are making a suit on Savile Row for their newly opened London store to honor it's fine historical bespoke tailoring. Unfortunately this piece won't be available in the U.S. any time soon.

8. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

I know the reviews on Ludlows are mixed, but for the price point and fit, they're great suits. The fabric is great quality and if you get it custom with the same fabric, the price would easily double. My only issue is I'm between a 36S and a 36R being 5'-10" so I need to get my jackets tailored, unfortunately.

9. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Thanks for the info. I may call the store in NYC and ask what their return policy is. I have one J Crew suit that I really like but it was purchased as suit separates. I'm not sure how well the suit would fit but if I can return it I may look into getting it and trying it out. I know J Crew typically has great customer service.

10. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

agreed that they are a pretty good value. Jackets fit me great OTR, though I wouldn't mind a slightly higher button stance

11. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I called the Hudson St shop today to check on that Merino Wool suit and they didn't have it in my size and the guy said he wasn't expecting any more. Do you have any idea when this suit may come into mainline production?

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

try the one button

13. dmbp

dmbp Well-Known Member

Depending on how well it did (which from what I heard, was not too bad), they might do a small size run for this winter/spring.

14. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

I need/want to get some of the new Fall Ludlow suits, but they are exempt from the coupon codes.

I notice though if you apply for a J Crew card you get at least 10% off (an SA said 20% but the website says 10%). Has anyone tried to cancel their card and then reapply for a new one? Seems like it could work but

ok just asked the company, turns out no even those discounts don't apply.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013

15. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I got 20% off a Ludlow suit by talking to a SA. Turns out they have quit a bit of latitude when it comes to applying sales codes. The suit I wanted wasn't stocked in the store so he ordered it for me and had it delivered to my house.