1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raptorrapture, Jan 22, 2011.

1. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

They don't make a 31 waist in the raw I don't think.... I usually get 31 inch waists in Jcrew jeans, and originally sized up to the 32x32 raw 484's but they were super loose. So I returned them for the 30x32s which were a touch tight in the waist at first, and have stretched to be comfortable, but nothing too dramatic. I have only worn them about a dozen times though. No washes.

they sell them in 31, i'm actually selling a pair in my listings lol (length is too long). but from what you said, i should get the 31 x 30 rather than the 32 x 30.

2. scientific

scientific Senior member

oh hai i picked up some "summer weight" khakis at their outlet store this weekend. can anyone tell me what this corresponds to in the normal stores? these seem nicer than the essex pants ... but maybe im confused. also they had some sick graphic tees in the factory store that i cannot find in normal store or online [​IMG]

3. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

I've ordered several shirts from landsend canvas in small, and they fit pretty well (although sleeves are a bit too long).

How do jcrew slim fit shirts fit? Woudl a small in landsend canvas be comparable to a small in jcrew slim fit? Or, should I size down in jcrew slim to an xs?

4. najpie

najpie Well-Known Member

oh hai

i picked up some "summer weight" khakis at their outlet store this weekend. can anyone tell me what this corresponds to in the normal stores? these seem nicer than the essex pants ... but maybe im confused.

Stanton?

5. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

I've ordered several shirts from landsend canvas in small, and they fit pretty well (although sleeves are a bit too long). How do jcrew slim fit shirts fit? Woudl a small in landsend canvas be comparable to a small in jcrew slim fit? Or, should I size down in jcrew slim to an xs?
    i dont own any shirts from landsend, but couldnt you just try them on at a j.crew store? from my experience, i get a S in the regular j.crew shirt as well as slim fit. the slim one fits perfect but after a big meal my stomach is bumpin uglies with the buttons.

6. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I have 2 pairs of 484 and they are great. Nice fit, comfortable and look tailored.

7. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

I have 2 pairs of 484 and they are great. Nice fit, comfortable and look tailored.

i'm getting a pair hemmed and will start wearing it in the fall. dont want my junk to be cramped during a NY summer!

8. tcw1122

tcw1122 New Member

I've had better luck with jcrew slim fits. In my opinion the lands end canvas size small shirts don't fit nearly as slim.

9. effang

effang Senior member

i bought the ludlow blazer. fits quite nice.

i have a question tho, do these blazers have shoulder pads? or are those not actually "shoulder pads". there is definitely material in the shoulder area, i'm not sure if it is for structure purpose, or what...but i'm kinda interested in taking it out...

10. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Anyone pull the trigger on these Heller's Cafe pants (Warehouse)? I'm curious to know how they fit (especially the lower leg width). [​IMG]

11. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Anyone have a 20% off coupon code from a recent catalog? PM me please??

12. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Anyone pull the trigger on these Heller's Cafe pants (Warehouse)?
    I'm curious to know how they fit (especially the lower leg width).

[​IMG]

Those look friggin' huge.

13. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Those look friggin' huge.

I'm a big fan of the Giant Fit chino so I hope these are right up my alley.

14. kraands

kraands Senior member

15. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

Tried on this jacket today and was surprised that it fit somewhat slim (size XS). Nice jacket, but not worth $168 in my mind.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...9589/19589.jsp

i sold mine on SF for about $80, they make that one every year, wait until it goes on sale.

16. Nazareth

Nazareth Senior member

When do the serious sales begin? I remember back in April or something there were pretty much constantly 30% off and free shipping codes, I'm guessing to get rid of the fall gear.

17. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

yeah haven't seen much 30% codes yet

18. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

I'm a big fan of the Giant Fit chino so I hope these are right up my alley.

Me too. Love the giant fit. They seem to feel great on a really hot day.

19. Nazareth

Nazareth Senior member

Their ears were burning. 30% sale just started.

20. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member