J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raptorrapture, Jan 22, 2011.

1. pula_86

pula_86 Member

I still dig the Cadet jacket quite a bit and wear it often. I have the one that is almost Black (really dark Olive). It's no longer online, but is in the stores. Great fit and look.

I'm sorta thinking about ordering this one, but don't know if it would be strange to have 2 of the same jackets, just in different colors? Thoughts on that anyone?

[​IMG]

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_ca...~~~~/29109.jsp

My only concern about ordering two of the same jacket is that if it goes out of style you are left with two jackets. Also, personally, I like a wide array of jackets in different colors and styles. It gives you so much more options. Although if you really love the jacket and will get use out of it, that is all that really matters.

2. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

My only concern about ordering two of the same jacket is that if it goes out of style you are left with two jackets. Also, personally, I like a wide array of jackets in different colors and styles. It gives you so much more options. Although if you really love the jacket and will get use out of it, that is all that really matters.

Yeah, I decided not to buy a second Cadet jacket in the other color. Not enough variety.

3. pula_86

pula_86 Member

Anyone have an opinion on the Piece-dyed Brushfield jacket? It is on sale right now. Also, does anyone know what the fit is on this jacket? Does it compare to the cadet jacket or is it bigger on the sides like the trapper jacket?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...t:429,r:18,s:0

Has anyone had any experience with J Crew trench coats? Are they usually blouse-like or do you have to size down. I have broad shoulders and usually wear medium, but I'm not sure if anyone could provide a good reference point. What does everyone think of the Holborn Trench? Is the fit comparable to cadet, the trapper, or the fatigue?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:2,s:0

4. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

I like the Bretton toggle coat, especially it's in Navy. But $268 is too absurd. i'll wait till the August sale and see if I can catch it in my size. [​IMG]

5. cschottz

cschottz Member

I like the toggle jacket as well. The lookbook pics for this appeared two toned (lighter elbow patches, shoulders) but it looks like they released it in just navy. Has anyone seen this in stores or can confirm? thanks

6. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Liking the fireman's jacket but paying retail for Jcrew is [​IMG]

When did Jcrew's prices go up so much? Haven't paid attention to them for 3-4 years now.

7. sazon

sazon Senior member

Liking the fireman's jacket but paying retail for Jcrew is [​IMG]

When did Jcrew's prices go up so much? Haven't paid attention to them for 3-4 years now.

Fireman's jacket was just on sale for $174...ya missed it !

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I like the Bretton toggle coat, especially it's in Navy. But $268 is too absurd. i'll wait till the August sale and see if I can catch it in my size.

[​IMG]

If one's looking at jackets in the $250-275 range, then -- consider a Barbour or a Baracuta jacket. Crew has the Barbour Bedale ($379) and Derwent ($399), and Baracuta G9 ($275) & G9 waxed cotton ($325). They're classics, made in England, awesome quality, and will look better in two years than the day you bought it. It will be WORTH the extra money.

9. phototristan

If one's looking at jackets in the $250-275 range, then -- consider a Barbour or a Baracuta jacket. Crew has the Barbour Bedale ($379) and Derwent ($399), and Baracuta G9 ($275) & G9 waxed cotton ($325). They're classics, made in England, awesome quality, and will look better in two years than the day you bought it. It will be WORTH the extra money.

Thanks for that feedback. Out of those, which is the best one in your opinion?

10. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

in this case, I have been looking at the Bedale jacket for a long time also. But I doubt if that'll ever be on sale. we'll see though. but hey, thx.

11. Guus

Guus Senior member

Did anyone get an email about a surprise shipping rate today? WTF. J. Crew.

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

if you mean the freeship any price, i did.

13. phototristan

Yes free shipping with a code on orders over $150. which is kinda stupid given they have a FREESHIP coupon until the 18th with no minimum.

14. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Thanks for that feedback. Out of those, which is the best one in your opinion?
    They're all great jackets. You can't go wrong with any of them. I have the Beaufort ( http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=12EP not available thru Crew), which is a longer version of the Bedale. So I'd probably go with the Bedale. But that waxed G9 jacket really intrigues me.

I doubt any of those will go on sale, although last year I remember seeing a store in the UK that had the waxed Baracuta on sale. I got my Beaufort at a Barbour store in Boston and they were running some sort of mid-Summer promotion which took about $50 off.

15. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

are there any sales from JCrew in the end of april? (I'll be in the us)