• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Does anybody know if they're going to have the vintage slim tompkins pants like last year?

If anybody has last years tompkins in white size 31x32 that you're looking to get rid of, let me know.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Crew x ALDEN captoe boots on their maiden voyage, along with some Chino friends from Epaulet
jcrewaldencaptoe.jpg

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
J. Crew x ALDEN captoe boots on their maiden voyage, along with some Chino friends from Epaulet
jcrewaldencaptoe.jpg

GREAT boots. I recently picked up a pair of cordovan long wings in the same "color #8." Amazing how it starts out almost black, and then that burgundy glow starts to appear with wear. They continue to get better and better with age. Enjoy.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CEE88
GREAT boots. I recently picked up a pair of cordovan long wings in the same "color #8." Amazing how it starts out almost black, and then that burgundy glow starts to appear with wear. They continue to get better and better with age. Enjoy.
Totally agree. I just recently got Alden 975s and they are my favorite shoes. Also, in decades, they will look more brown and less reddish and it's a great looking brown.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
Totally agree. I just recently got Alden 975s and they are my favorite shoes.

Also, in decades, they will look more brown and less reddish and it's a great looking brown.

Here's a really good article on that very topic -- how color 8 changes with wear and age -- from the Horween Leather blog (the tanners who make the cordovan for Alden): http://horween.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/brownout/

according to the article, the amount of time your shoes are in the Sun can affect how much and how fast they lighten and change to brown/red.

lummers13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CEE88
Here's a really good article on that very topic -- how color 8 changes with wear and age -- from the Horween Leather blog (the tanners who make the cordovan for Alden): http://horween.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/brownout/

according to the article, the amount of time your shoes are in the Sun can affect how much and how fast they lighten and change to brown/red.

In addition to that one, here's another great one with more pics
smile.gif

http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co...09/28/color-8/

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
jcrewaldencaptoe.jpg

The label and material do not matter if one is pairing them with what appears to be herringbone pants that are baggy and about 4" too long.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge
The label and material do not matter if one is pairing them with what appears to be herringbone pants that are baggy and about 4" too long.

haha, was looking through the replies to see if anyone else noticed.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
haha, was looking through the replies to see if anyone else noticed.
I just assumed he was on the throne when he took the shot.
smile.gif

Throne_Toilet.jpg

The Aldens are awesome nonetheless.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Looks like J Crew is offering free shipping on any order/any price on the site now, through 3/18/11. I haven't seen them do free shipping on any price in a long time, so this is a pretty nice deal if your looking to buy something thats full price, but not that expensive, because you won't get hit with a $$ shipping charge.

Code is FREESHIP

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
Looks like J Crew is offering free shipping on any order/any price on the site now, through 3/18/11. I haven't seen them do free shipping on any price in a long time, so this is a pretty nice deal if your looking to buy something thats full price, but not that expensive, because you won't get hit with a $$ shipping charge. Code is FREESHIP
Cool, thanks for that info. Just ordered Inventory magazine, something I've had my eye on but was not wiling to pay $5.95 shipping on. Also ordered the Fireman hoodie, they normally want $12.50 shipping on that I think. I wish it was Navy instead of black though; I hope I like it otherwise my local store will see me back in there with another return.

JoelBarrish

Reaction score
Looks like J Crew is offering free shipping on any order/any price on the site now, through 3/18/11. I haven't seen them do free shipping on any price in a long time, so this is a pretty nice deal if your looking to buy something thats full price, but not that expensive, because you won't get hit with a $$ shipping charge.

Code is FREESHIP

Appreciate the info. Just jumped on some chinos and Stanton pants.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Code is FREESHIP

Thanks for the code.
smile.gif

Placing order now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads