1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raptorrapture, Jan 22, 2011.

1. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Does anybody know if they're going to have the vintage slim tompkins pants like last year?

If anybody has last years tompkins in white size 31x32 that you're looking to get rid of, let me know.

2. sazon

sazon Senior member

J. Crew x ALDEN captoe boots on their maiden voyage, along with some Chino friends from Epaulet
    [​IMG]

3. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

J. Crew x ALDEN captoe boots on their maiden voyage, along with some Chino friends from Epaulet
    [​IMG]

GREAT boots. I recently picked up a pair of cordovan long wings in the same "color #8." Amazing how it starts out almost black, and then that burgundy glow starts to appear with wear. They continue to get better and better with age. Enjoy.

4. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

GREAT boots. I recently picked up a pair of cordovan long wings in the same "color #8." Amazing how it starts out almost black, and then that burgundy glow starts to appear with wear. They continue to get better and better with age. Enjoy.
    Totally agree. I just recently got Alden 975s and they are my favorite shoes. Also, in decades, they will look more brown and less reddish and it's a great looking brown.

5. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Totally agree. I just recently got Alden 975s and they are my favorite shoes.

Also, in decades, they will look more brown and less reddish and it's a great looking brown.

Here's a really good article on that very topic -- how color 8 changes with wear and age -- from the Horween Leather blog (the tanners who make the cordovan for Alden): http://horween.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/brownout/

according to the article, the amount of time your shoes are in the Sun can affect how much and how fast they lighten and change to brown/red.

6. lummers13

lummers13 Well-Known Member

Here's a really good article on that very topic -- how color 8 changes with wear and age -- from the Horween Leather blog (the tanners who make the cordovan for Alden): http://horween.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/brownout/

according to the article, the amount of time your shoes are in the Sun can affect how much and how fast they lighten and change to brown/red.

In addition to that one, here's another great one with more pics [​IMG]
    http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co...09/28/color-8/

7. blackboard_knowledge

blackboard_knowledge Senior member

J. Crew x ALDEN captoe boots on their maiden voyage, along with some Chino friends from Epaulet [​IMG]
    The label and material do not matter if one is pairing them with what appears to be herringbone pants that are baggy and about 4" too long.

8. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

The label and material do not matter if one is pairing them with what appears to be herringbone pants that are baggy and about 4" too long.

haha, was looking through the replies to see if anyone else noticed.

9. phototristan

If anyone else has a 20% off coupon they don't want, would you mind PM'ing me? I'm getting ready to place a large order and it would really help.

[​IMG]

10. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

haha, was looking through the replies to see if anyone else noticed.
    I just assumed he was on the throne when he took the shot. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Aldens are awesome nonetheless.

11. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior member

Looks like J Crew is offering free shipping on any order/any price on the site now, through 3/18/11. I haven't seen them do free shipping on any price in a long time, so this is a pretty nice deal if your looking to buy something thats full price, but not that expensive, because you won't get hit with a $$ shipping charge.

Code is FREESHIP

12. phototristan

Looks like J Crew is offering free shipping on any order/any price on the site now, through 3/18/11. I haven't seen them do free shipping on any price in a long time, so this is a pretty nice deal if your looking to buy something thats full price, but not that expensive, because you won't get hit with a $$ shipping charge. Code is FREESHIP
    Cool, thanks for that info. Just ordered Inventory magazine, something I've had my eye on but was not wiling to pay $5.95 shipping on. Also ordered the Fireman hoodie, they normally want $12.50 shipping on that I think. I wish it was Navy instead of black though; I hope I like it otherwise my local store will see me back in there with another return.

13. JoelBarrish

JoelBarrish New Member

Looks like J Crew is offering free shipping on any order/any price on the site now, through 3/18/11. I haven't seen them do free shipping on any price in a long time, so this is a pretty nice deal if your looking to buy something thats full price, but not that expensive, because you won't get hit with a $$ shipping charge.

Code is FREESHIP

Appreciate the info. Just jumped on some chinos and Stanton pants.

14. juliank

juliank Senior member

15. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Code is FREESHIP

Thanks for the code. [​IMG]
    Placing order now.

16. pula_86

pula_86 Member

I still dig the Cadet jacket quite a bit and wear it often. I have the one that is almost Black (really dark Olive). It's no longer online, but is in the stores. Great fit and look.

I'm sorta thinking about ordering this one, but don't know if it would be strange to have 2 of the same jackets, just in different colors? Thoughts on that anyone?

[​IMG]

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_ca...~~~~/29109.jsp

My only concern about ordering two of the same jacket is that if it goes out of style you are left with two jackets. Also, personally, I like a wide array of jackets in different colors and styles. It gives you so much more options. Although if you really love the jacket and will get use out of it, that is all that really matters.

17. phototristan

My only concern about ordering two of the same jacket is that if it goes out of style you are left with two jackets. Also, personally, I like a wide array of jackets in different colors and styles. It gives you so much more options. Although if you really love the jacket and will get use out of it, that is all that really matters.

Yeah, I decided not to buy a second Cadet jacket in the other color. Not enough variety.

18. pula_86

pula_86 Member

Anyone have an opinion on the Piece-dyed Brushfield jacket? It is on sale right now. Also, does anyone know what the fit is on this jacket? Does it compare to the cadet jacket or is it bigger on the sides like the trapper jacket?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...t:429,r:18,s:0

Has anyone had any experience with J Crew trench coats? Are they usually blouse-like or do you have to size down. I have broad shoulders and usually wear medium, but I'm not sure if anyone could provide a good reference point. What does everyone think of the Holborn Trench? Is the fit comparable to cadet, the trapper, or the fatigue?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:2,s:0

19. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

I like the Bretton toggle coat, especially it's in Navy. But $268 is too absurd. i'll wait till the August sale and see if I can catch it in my size. [​IMG]

20. cschottz

cschottz Member

I like the toggle jacket as well. The lookbook pics for this appeared two toned (lighter elbow patches, shoulders) but it looks like they released it in just navy. Has anyone seen this in stores or can confirm? thanks