J.Crew Spring 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dogatemyhw, Sep 14, 2011.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Overheard a few typical college bros commenting on a new JCrew that opened up in SLC. One had apparently gotten a job there, was getting "hooked up" with "sick discounts" etc. Turned me off to the brand. I know it's typically poor-college-kid fodder and decent looks can be assembled on the cheap, but once the bros move in, it's time to move on.

[​IMG]

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

That's the Abercrombie guy... what does he have to do with this? I don't think JCrew is anything new to the bros. I mostly just browse their "in good company" selection these days. Although even that's stupid since the same products can be had direct from the respective manufacturer for about 20-50% less.

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

It is the Abercrombie guy. Was just trying to make a point how brands can end up once taken by "the bros" of the world, what with all their fist bumping and whatnot.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

[​IMG]

Looks like Barbour's SS12 collection may have you guys covered that like the blue parka but don't want to sink down to JCrew.

5. swaggerjack

swaggerjack Well-Known Member

Anybody have a measurement chart for the slim fit t shirts in size medium? I've emailed them a few times but no response.

6. Mr. Bananagrabber

Mr. Bananagrabber Senior member

I dig these. Where is the best place to get them? It didn't seem like Barbour has a webstore.

Also, has anyone tried Jcrew dress shirts? Either the jcrew brand that is 2 for 120 right now or the Thomas Mason shirts. I assume the Thomas Mason are probably slimmer fit.

7. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

orvis.com has the light blue color

8. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Went to J. Crew this weekend to preorder the blue rain jacket and the polka dot shorts to lock in free shipping and the student discount. I was told they weren't even sure if they were going to end up making those two pieces and they use preorders to judge demand. Said the rain jacket wouldn't be out until June if it did indeed come out. Any more knowledgeable employees know the details on that?

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

How can that be accurate? I didn't even know you could preorder JCrew... never imagined people would be lining up to buy their shit at full price. Although those two items do look nice.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012

10. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Yeah. Sounded pretty sketchy. That's why I was wondering. Literally the only two J. Crew pieces I've been interested in in over a year.

11. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

That doesn't seem right. As far as I am aware, it is scheduled to be released with the May pieces. It was featured in GQ, so I'd be shocked if they didn't actually release it. What a waste that'd be.

12. wesmamyke

wesmamyke Active Member

I'll ask this here to contain the Jcrew hate to one thread...

I bought a Jcrew Marshal jacket, it was on sale and it's warm. The problem is it smells really bad, I have another waxed cotton jacket that has a certain smell to it but it's not bad. This thing is very acrid and chemical smelling. It's waxed so it's not suposed to be washed, any ideas on cleaning it?

Called Jcrew and they said they would take it back regardless of the final sale thing. They also said it's not dry cleanable either but to maybe ask a dry cleaner how to clean waxed cotton. I don't really want to return it, it fits and is pretty functional for a beater jacket.

What's the worst that can happen if I wash or soak it?

13. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Does anyone know anything about upcoming alden x j crew releases? the SA in my local store (copley/boston) had said they were expecting a bunch of new releases for spring/summer, but had no details.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

14. Samir

Samir Senior member

[​IMG]

15. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

All I am aware of is a navy suede chukka or longwing. I don't remember which it is. Though, I'm sure there will be more than just that.