• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Spring 2012

Newstyle

Reaction score

I understand how final sale can be annoying, but you have to understand that a company as large as J.Crew has to get rid of their spring/summer stuff in order to make room for fall/winter.

And as far as a Factory goes, that's actually not the case.  It's a completely separate line.  No items from the mainline make their way to the Factory line.

You are wrong, many items from the mainline make it to the factory line. I have seen shirts I purchased from the mainline pop up the next season on their factory site. Also right now one of their oxford shirts(it's a navy and red shirt) was from their F/W line last season and is not on the factory site.

lifted

Reaction score
my life is incomplete without the red wing wabasha's for j crew. i believe it was the 8 eyelet version released in 2010-ish?

someone help me find a pair sz 9 and i will forever be in your debt :slayer:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went it to the local J. Crew yesterday to get a herringbone cap, and saw this sweater....would love it if they make a men's version.

tumblr_m8v6clvJqV1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

NickyEyes

Reaction score
gotta wait til october for those vintage cabernet chinos... :plain:

wmanderson

Reaction score
Quote:

Not exactly true. I used to work at a J.Crew Factory Store, and 98% of the stuff we carried was made specifically for the factory store. You may recognize stuff from the retail store, but most of the time it is just the same style replicated for the factory line. You could definitely tell the differences if you saw the two items side-by-side.

Occasionally we'd get some stuff from the retail stores, and it generally goes right to clearance.

You can always tell Factory Vs. Retail because the factory tags have two diamonds on the inside tags, while the retail stores just have one.

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not exactly true. I used to work at a J.Crew Factory Store, and 98% of the stuff we carried was made specifically for the factory store. You may recognize stuff from the retail store, but most of the time it is just the same style replicated for the factory line. You could definitely tell the differences if you saw the two items side-by-side.

Occasionally we'd get some stuff from the retail stores, and it generally goes right to clearance.

You can always tell Factory Vs. Retail because the factory tags have two diamonds on the inside tags, while the retail stores just have one.

Same with Banana Republic and I suspect other retailers. What amazes me is the number of people who shop the Factory Stores when they can get better quality and styles at regular stores for nearly the same price if they catch a sale right.

Newstyle

Reaction score

You can always tell Factory Vs. Retail because the factory tags have two diamonds on the inside tags, while the retail stores just have one

Yeah, I understand that. I was referring to a quote that therendition made saying no normal J.Crew merchandise makes it to their factor store.

lifted

Reaction score

You can always tell Factory Vs. Retail because the factory tags have two diamonds on the inside tags, while the retail stores just have one

i may be blind cause i dont see a diamond in the second pic

NickyEyes

Reaction score
I like the cut on the 484's. Will i be disappointed with the cut on the urban slim chinos? I'm trying to avoid taking the 30 minute trip to check them out in person.

mike1445

Reaction score
definitely more room in the urban slims, not sure if thats what you want

NickyEyes

Reaction score

definitely more room in the urban slims, not sure if thats what you want
Yeah, the slimmer the better. I mean, the urban slim is their second slimmest cut, right? I just don't want anything too roomy.

Coopa

Reaction score
Yeah, the slimmer the better. I mean, the urban slim is their second slimmest cut, right? I just don't want anything too roomy.
From what i've been told, the urban slim is somewhere between the 484 and the straight (vintage) slim.

LukeM

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this pieces regarding quality and fit?

Donegal wool cable cardigan

Slim slub merino V-neck

KATO` / AAA chambray shirt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads