• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew sizing help! Please.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
So I know the Website has a sizing chart, but I am solidly between S and XS for a cardigan. Can anyone help. I would like it to be slim, not too tight, and going down not more than an inch below my belt.

Here are my stats:

Height 5'6"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Waist: 28-30
Sleeves: 31-2
Chest: 34-36
I dont have measurements for my shoulders, but I am not too broad. I am a small, skinny person.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
back when i had a 35" chest the xs fit me well, when my chest got to 36 it started pulling a bit on the chest buttons though.

if i remember correctly the pit-to-pit measurement was 19" or 19.5" if that helps

nohio

Reaction score
Probably an extra small, but it is likely that the sleeves will be too long for you. I fall between the XS and S in J Crew and have just decided to look elsewhere for sweaters that fit better (not that I have found them at a similar price point, yet).

godofcoffee

Reaction score
I'm a little bigger than you (4" taller, 36 chest, maybe 33 sleeves), and XS still does it for me for the shirts. I guess it depends on the fit you want - XS will probably make for a pretty tight sweater.

Miles Gloriosus

Reaction score
fourthing XS

my j. crew shirts measure about 16" across the shoulders and 19.5" across the chest.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I'd assume XS. Its a cardigan though, so it has buttons.

Is XS really the best bet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads