• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J. Crew shoes

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I just got the new catalogue too, and was surprised to see that they're still offering the driving mocs that were just clearanced for $30 -- only now they're back up to $118. Same style, same colors. What was the point of the clearance?

Maybe to get rid of some excess inventory, or the catalog people are a bit behind.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Look similar to the boots I got. Both made in Italy... I would not pay 180 for my boots but they were certainly worth it at $35.00.I assume these are not welted, like my suede boots.

Do you mean "worth it at $135.00"? Note the 100 dollar difference. At 35 I would buy a couple pairs, but at 135 maybe not. Actually, now that I'm typing this, I think they're more like 165.

Or am I missing some big discount that everyone else knows about?

bob

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I just got the new catalogue too, and was surprised to see that they're still offering the driving mocs that were just clearanced for $30 -- only now they're back up to $118. Same style, same colors. What was the point of the clearance?

I've noticed that a few weeks before they roll out a new season's offerings, they put a few things for sale from that coming season on steep discount, but usually in colors they aren't otherwise offering. They are likely samples they are clearing out. Maybe the shoes they were selling were lumped in with those samples.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Sorry, I just wanted to bump this to see if anyone had any more experiences to share. I just got the new catalogue and there is a pair of brown suede brogues that look very nice. But I have no idea about the quality. Here they are.

The reviews in this thread seem mixed so if anyone has any more opinion to add, I'd love to hear it.

cheers,
bob

I've owned a couple of pair. I'll also endorse the rubber - vibram type sole. Mine took alot of abuse. Not the dressiest shoe, but perfect for sloppy weather days.
Lately J. Crew seems to be too pricey for what they offer.
But those shoes you are watching look good.

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of their topsiders online. Quality was just not there - took them back to a local store immediately.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Do you mean "worth it at $135.00"? Note the 100 dollar difference. At 35 I would buy a couple pairs, but at 135 maybe not. Actually, now that I'm typing this, I think they're more like 165.

Or am I missing some big discount that everyone else knows about?

bob

Oh, I got mine NWT from ebay (some seller was clearing a large number).

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkBuck
Quality was just not there - took them back to a local store immediately.

This has been my experience too. I bought a pair of those driving mocs in about April, and they are falling apart rapidly.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.