• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Sale

seen

Reaction score
Their sale was great, but I was a bit late and most stuff were sold out. When's the next time they'll have a similar sale? Are there any other places with similar sales (JCrew's dress shirts was at 19.99)?

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen
Their sale was great, but I was a bit late and most stuff were sold out. When's the next time they'll have a similar sale? Are there any other places with similar sales (JCrew's dress shirts was at 19.99)?

What sale are you referring to? If I remember correctly, they had their big sale later in the summer. Online, at least, (which is where I buy most of my J. Crew) they gave you an additional 25% then an additional 40% off all the sale items. If you can wait a month or two, you may find what you're looking for.

Alternatively, you can just get some of their dress shirts online at 19.99 right now. There may be a 20% off coupon floating around -- if a valid coupon pops up, this is the best place to find it.

seen

Reaction score
Thanks, but most of their shirts are out of stock. Need to be a bit early on the next sale.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are their regular dress shirts? Pretty much like the regular Ralph Lauren oxford button down shirts in quality, the ones that go for $30-40 at Filene's? (We're not talking about the Thomas Mason shirts, right?)

metaphysician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
How are their regular dress shirts? Pretty much like the regular Ralph Lauren oxford button down shirts in quality, the ones that go for $30-40 at Filene's? (We're not talking about the Thomas Mason shirts, right?)

I've found all Polo Blue Label shirts to have better construction and fabric than the J Crew shirts, even the oxfords that are frequently marked down at Filene's. Filene's also frequently marks down higher-priced Blue Label shirts to between $34.99-$40 (at least at the Filene's Basement in Washington, D.C.), and those are a better bargain.

I don't think that the Thomas Mason-fabric J Crew shirts are anything special. They struck me as more of a marketing ploy, similar to brands splashing "Loro Piana" and "Zegna" labels on garments because the garment uses material sourced from those mills, but without matching construction.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found them good enough for $30 because I can't get the fabric where i live and I've found it damn comfortable after a 12-16 hour workday.

The low end Polo buttondowns, on the other hand, are made in my country and I've even been able to snag a couple at less than $4. I just wish they had overruns of the non-buttondowns as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads