• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Picked up 2 lightwt shirts, a purple gingham and an olive green utility. Like them.

I like that olive utility shirt. I will pick it up when it hangs on the sale rack.

Guus

Reaction score
Have you guys watched the behind the scenes video at their website? Makes me wish they would stop photographing their cloths and instead film it. Gives a much better look at what you're buying.

Edit:They also have one for the women. Get a better look at the ladies.
satisfied.gif
drool.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guus
I like that olive utility shirt. I will pick it up when it hangs on the sale rack.

I'm thinking about goin back today to grab the black utility too. I really like this shirt.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
He signed a legal agreement when he got hired stating he wouldn't pass his employee discounts to others. I don't care what he does, I was merely pointing out that if J. Crew finds out, at best they will fire him and at worst will proceed with legal filings.
lolwut.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guus

Edit:They also have one for the women. Get a better look at the ladies.
satisfied.gif
drool.gif

Drool, indeed. I also like how Jenna rocks the fatigue jacket. Quite fetching.

xanatos

Reaction score
Is it weird to have 2 or 3 of the same thing. I lovethe black utitlty shirt and want more and stock Up just in case my preeecioouss gets a stain

kaizoku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
Me too. The reg secret wash shirts are a little tight in the chest for me, but the chambray sized down works perfect (aside from the baggy sleeves).

+1 I tried on one of the gingham lightweight shirts the other day and its actually cut pretty well (sized down) nice and tapered in the body as well as slim through the sleeves, and seems to work really well tucked in

My worry about the red chambray is that it's going to be too baggy, but when I size down in jcrew shirts the shoulder seams are too high and the back starts to ride up. I normally wear M but I'll have to wait and see.

I also agree about the gingham lightweight shirts. I picked up 2 at a factory store the other day and they fit great.

kaizoku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
The selvage cotton blazer is out... I think me wants. But almost $300, are you kidding me?

Order before Monday and it's around $220 using the SHHH code.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xanatos
Is it weird to have 2 or 3 of the same thing. I lovethe black utitlty shirt and want more and stock Up just in case my preeecioouss gets a stain

I think it's weird that I get more of the same shirt in different colors. For example, I'm going back for the utility in black after liking my olive so much. But are you talking about the exact same, like same color and everything? I wouldn't call that weird--just a little obsessive.

kaizoku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I think it's weird that I get more of the same shirt in different colors. For example, I'm going back for the utility in black after liking my olive so much. But are you talking about the exact same, like same color and everything? I wouldn't call that weird--just a little obsessive.

I've done it with shoes...and there are a few items I wished I'd bought two of because I've had to get rid them due to getting stained/ruined, so I can see why people would do it.

I bought a j.crew belt in 2003 that I wish I'd bought two of because I ruined it.

a-rock

Reaction score
I have to admit I too have more than one blue chambray utility shirt, although not the exact same shirt. I have the JCrew, M+O, and the cheapo Gap one. I bought the JCrew, loved it so much and worried about ruining it. (This is back last yr when it was impossible to find and now every store has a stack of them) Then I got the Gap one as a backup although hate the buttons and flimsy fabric. The M+O one is actually my favorite and has a bit more polished look than the others. The fabric isn't as heavily pre-washed, still has some of that new denim-like sheen, and glossy buttons. And yes, I understand the irony of having 3 of the same shirt - a shirt which is inspired by the type men used to wear day in and day out for manual labor (or being in prison - it was std issue in Alcatraz!), but too preeecioussss for us internet style junkies to get a stain on.
blush.gif
So yes, go get a backup for that black utility shirt! edit: tangent - visiting Alcatraz few months ago I totally wished they sold replicas of the old prison issue chambray shirt. I think that would be one souvenir shirt I'd buy. But nope, they only had those orange t-shirts that modern prisons use or costume-like b&w jailbird outfits. And no, haven't seen any on ebay.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaizoku
I've done it with shoes...and there are a few items I wished I'd bought two of because I've had to get rid them due to getting stained/ruined, so I can see why people would do it.

I bought a j.crew belt in 2003 that I wish I'd bought two of because I ruined it.

I have multiples in many things, including shoes, but nothing in the same color. For example, I've got 4 pairs of DBs, all different colors, couple of pairs of JPs, Converse. I'd go broke if I bought doubles of all my favorite stuff!

btw decided i'm going for some light grey chinos too. Like how they look with the chambray utility shirt in model pix.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads