J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. seany

seany Senior member

What is J-Crew slimmest suit ? The Ludlow ?

2. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

correct

3. Robert

Robert Senior member

Wow, we are good. Is customer service hiring?

4. seany

seany Senior member

My chest size is about 37-38, not sure. Would the 36R be the best fit for me ?

I am 5'8 160 (athletic build).

Or would the 38S be better? I am looking for a nice slim fit suit, that hugs my body well.

Edit: I emailed J.Crew these same questions, waiting for their response. Would love to see fellow J.Crew shoppers opinions on fit and such.

5. ctrlaltelite

i have a 39" true chest and am 5'8 155 lbs, the 38s fits me perfect, the sleeves are optimal length and do not need tailoring. my roommate got the 36R and is considerably slimmer than i am (chest probably around a true 36), and it fits him well. we're talking a guy who sometimes has to buy size 34.

6. seany

seany Senior member

Wow you are almost my exact weight/height. What suit would be longer (as in where the bottom of the suit ends) the 38S or 36R ?

Thanks for the help Ctrlaltelite !

7. Robert

Robert Senior member

My chest size is about 37-38, not sure. Would the 36R be the best fit for me ?

I am 5'8 160 (athletic build).

Or would the 38S be better? I am looking for a nice slim fit suit, that hugs my body well.

Edit: I emailed J.Crew these same questions, waiting for their response. Would love to see fellow J.Crew shoppers opinions on fit and such.

No. Why would you go to 36R when your chest is 38??? Go w/ 38R.

A lot of these things are just common sense. Don't overthink them.

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

Wow you are almost my exact weight/height. What suit would be longer (as in where the bottom of the suit ends) the 38S or 36R ?

Thanks for the help Ctrlaltelite !

The 38R would be just a little longer. The main difference would be in circumfrance. The 38R would be wider, roomier, bigger in chest area. That should be obvious.

Damn. I need a job with j crew customer service!

9. ctrlaltelite

go for the 38s, generally i hear a suit that "fits" ends when you are able to reach your hands in front of yourself and the jacket hits the middle section of your fingers when you curl them towards you (if that makes sense), which is the case for the 38s on me.

10. Robert

Robert Senior member

go for the 38s, generally i hear a suit that "fits" ends when you are able to reach your hands in front of yourself and the jacket hits the middle section of your fingers when you curl them towards you (if that makes sense), which is the case for the 38s on me.

OK

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Those look much darker than the photos on the website. I like.

They are, I was almost surprised at the color. Great shoes though, I'd highly recommend. The last fits a bit big though, would size a half down..

12. seany

seany Senior member

Sounds good, I know the whole deal about where the suit ends when talking about your fingers/knuckles. (this is from reading the MC section every now and then).

And Robert the reason I thought about getting the 36R was because my chest may be 37 last time I measured it. But I guess having a 38S would make sense because I will have shirts underneath it.

Thanks fella's

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

And Robert the reason I thought about getting the 36R was because my chest may be 37 last time I measured it. But I guess having a 38S would make sense because I will have shirts underneath it.
    Thanks fella's

Um... YeAH! *sigh*

14. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

Got these last week: [​IMG]
    Those kicks look good. Better in your photo than on the web site. They'll almost certainly darken quite a bit more as the leather ages (in about three to five years). They'll be amazing. Hope you have shoe trees for them. I was thinking about buying the Crew/Aldens. Gonna see my Church's Grafton quest through instead. What chinos are you wearing?

15. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Anyone interested in a herringbone utility shirt from F/W in XS? Will probably be putting it up in B&S later today, but thought I'd check here first.