• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

seany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alito
Only shirts? post pics please

I got caught taking pics, there was about three (maybe four) different madras shirts, or maybe one of them was plaid. I get confused with the patterns.

Thats all I saw, I was in a rush.

but they are DEF new, and def not on the site yet. I'm stopping by J.Crew next week. I will take pics of them this time w.o getting caught.
laugh.gif

flyindarkness

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
I just saw this one on Martin & Osa and ordered it. Looks nice on the site:

http://www.martinandosa.com/web/brow...ctId=3331_7022

I also have the BR chambray on order, as well as a last-season RRL. I will do a comparison in a couple weeks and post impressions here. I guess I'll have a lot of things to return...

seriously, people are just going crazy over chambrays.....
really? it's just a light weight denim shirt. really, it's just a blue shirt.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyindarkness
seriously, people are just going crazy over chambrays.....
really? it's just a light weight denim shirt. really, it's just a blue shirt.

I kinda agree. The BR one I bought was my first and I am happy I did the purchase, but I have to admit it's kinda of a simple shirt in the blue. Getting it in another color like Red, Grey or Olive Green would help it stand out a little more.

That being said, it's a real timeless look and seems to be the type of thing every man should have one of.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
I just saw this one on Martin & Osa and ordered it. Looks nice on the site:

http://www.martinandosa.com/web/brow...ctId=3331_7022

I also have the BR chambray on order, as well as a last-season RRL. I will do a comparison in a couple weeks and post impressions here. I guess I'll have a lot of things to return...

That Martin & Osa looks exactly like the JCrew version to me and at a much nicer price. Won't fit me since the arms are too short and they don't offer a Tall version.

The big difference between the BR and JCrew Chambray's are the pocket style. I could go either way, and think they both look nice. I'm curious what your thoughts are on the RRL version vs the rest. People on SF go nuts over the RRL one and I wonder if it's worth the extra money it costs.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
That Martin & Osa looks exactly like the JCrew version to me and at a much nicer price. Won't fit me since the arms are too short and they don't offer a Tall version.

The big difference between the BR and JCrew Chambray's are the pocket style. I could go either way, and think they both look nice. I'm curious what your thoughts are on the RRL version vs the rest. People on SF go nuts over the RRL one and I wonder if it's worth the extra money it costs.

Martin and Osa shirts have long sleeves in my experience.

I saw some Chambray shirts at Target on clearance. You'd be hard pressed to tell it's from Target.

Guus

Reaction score
I would get it from M+O. Their fabric seems much stronger then BR or JC.

BTW, anyone have any comments on the JCrew Cashmere half-zip? Its on sale however still expensive. Worth waiting for the extra 20% they usually have every other week? How long will their cashmere sweater last for and would it instead be better to get the cotton-cashmere?

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Quick fact: According to a SA from J. Crew, pre order items do not incur shipping charges and you can apply your student discount to the order. Perhaps this is old news, but maybe some will find it useful and save a few bucks on the ridiculous shipping.

Dave

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrFaustus
Quick fact: According to a SA from J. Crew, pre order items do not incur shipping charges and you can apply your student discount to the order. Perhaps this is old news, but maybe some will find it useful and save a few bucks on the ridiculous shipping.

Dave

Awesome and good to know.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Martin and Osa shirts have long sleeves in my experience.

I saw some Chambray shirts at Target on clearance. You'd be hard pressed to tell it's from Target.

The rate even their XL as having a 35/36 sleeve. I need a 36/37 so I will stick with my BR one for around the same price.

burndtjamb

Reaction score
Can anyone with the vintage chambray utility shirt let me know if the shirt shrinks much after a wash and dry?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Only wash mine, don't machine dry. But a wash doesn't seem to cause shrinkage.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I washed my BR Chambray that I just got and it didn't shrink at all. Let it dry for a couple mins in the dryer then I hung it up to finish.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW H&M has some slim fit Chambrays at typical H&M prices.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by burndtjamb
Can anyone with the vintage chambray utility shirt let me know if the shirt shrinks much after a wash and dry?

I machine washed/dried mine and it didn't shrink at all.

xanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
FWIW H&M has some slim fit Chambrays at typical H&M prices.

And typical h&m ****** quality.

What a deal
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads