• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

jay3429

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ipractice
That's kind of what I figured, the chambray seems like a staple item and even when I google search jcrew chambray, seems like its been around for awhile.

Maybe I'll be able to pick up one of those 20% off coupons, and I'm guessing I can stack that on top of my student discount?

They don't allow stacking anymore, believe me, I've tried.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jay3429
They don't allow stacking anymore, believe me, I've tried.

You've tried using an online coupon, then adjusting the student discount on top through phone?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey
Never going to happen. He finds enjoyment in telling everyone how cheap he gets his **** and laughs at everyone that over pays.

BRAAA HA HA HA HAAAAAA....

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wrenhunter
That 20% only applies to sale items, and they basically always have free shipping on $150+.

In other news, big sale in NC this weekend. Someone is gonna be happy ...

http://jcrewaficionada.blogspot.com/...ouse-sale.html

Indeed. But all depends on what's there. Real hit and miss, but I've had some good finds. Probably the best were the peacoat ($60) and the millerain field jacket ($25).

5tan

Reaction score
I NEVER get those 20off coupons in the catalogue, sucks.

But then again, I dont think any Canadians get that discount coupon.

chessman305

Reaction score
Would appreciate it if someone could tell me the difference between a jersey polo, pique polo, and vintage polo? And what do you personally recommend? Thanks

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessman305
Would appreciate it if someone could tell me the difference between a jersey polo, pique polo, and vintage polo? And what do you personally recommend? Thanks

as far as i can remember, the jersey polos are constructed differently than the pique and vintage polos. my advice would be to stay away from them and stick with the vintage or repp pique polos. the vintage and repp polos are constructed the same way, the only difference between the two is the fit ( the vintage polo being the more tailored fit).

mmm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 5tan
I NEVER get those 20off coupons in the catalogue, sucks.

But then again, I dont think any Canadians get that discount coupon.

Ive gotten one but it was expired before the catalogue got to me.

wrenhunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
stick with the vintage or repp pique polos. the vintage and repp polos are constructed the same way, the only difference between the two is the fit ( the vintage polo being the more tailored fit).
I love the vintage polo. I have 4, and wore 'em all on vacation last week. Sigh, back in the drawer now for another month or two.

svelten

Reaction score
This may have been answered in the thread, but do the button up shirts run large, small or true to size? I live in Canada so there isn't any J.Crew nearby for me to try out.

I'm specifically looking at this:

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/...gham/14905.jsp

I'm debating between a small or an XS. I usually wear a small for most "mall" brands and would fit a 15-15.5" neck, 36" sleeve length and 37" chest. for shirts, which aligns with a size small according to the site. However, I don't trust J.Crew's measurements because the last two J.Crew items I bought turned out *ridiculously* huge - as in they would fit someone 15 pounds heavier than me and they were size smalls. Granted one was a cable knit sweater and another was a cardigan, so maybe the fitments of their shirts are different?

I would much appreciate any help if anyone has any direct experience with J. Crew's shirts...

Thanks!

Staver

Reaction score
Anyone interested in purchasing a $568.71 gift card off of me? I know it's a large amount, but if you are planning having a J. Crew shopping spree with their new releases, this might be a great deal for you!

Let me know!

jay3429

Reaction score
Originally Posted by svelten
This may have been answered in the thread, but do the button up shirts run large, small or true to size? I live in Canada so there isn't any J.Crew nearby for me to try out. I'm specifically looking at this: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/...gham/14905.jsp I'm debating between a small or an XS. I usually wear a small for most "mall" brands and would fit a 15-15.5" neck, 36" sleeve length and 37" chest. for shirts, which aligns with a size small according to the site. However, I don't trust J.Crew's measurements because the last two J.Crew items I bought turned out *ridiculously* huge - as in they would fit someone 15 pounds heavier than me and they were size smalls. Granted one was a cable knit sweater and another was a cardigan, so maybe the fitments of their shirts are different? I would much appreciate any help if anyone has any direct experience with J. Crew's shirts... Thanks!
I think you're better off ordering the Small if you're a 15-15.5 as you would probably look ridiculous in a XS, namely because it would be too tight on you. And if it helps, I find that their oxfords/dress shirts shrink a bit in the wash.

hobo_ken

Reaction score
This may have been answered in the thread, but do the button up shirts run large, small or true to size? I live in Canada so there isn't any J.Crew nearby for me to try out.

Thanks!

What is your height/weight? Depending on this and how you like your shirts to fit you sound like you're an in-betweener. If you want a more fitted look, you can go XS and cold wash the shirts and hang dry or if you want a bit of a looser look, you can get the S and try to shrink it a bit in the wash.

rdev

Reaction score
I'm debating between a small or an XS. I usually wear a small for most "mall" brands and would fit a 15-15.5" neck, 36" sleeve length and 37" chest. for shirts, which aligns with a size small according to the site. However, I don't trust J.Crew's measurements because the last two J.Crew items I bought turned out *ridiculously* huge - as in they would fit someone 15 pounds heavier than me and they were size smalls. Granted one was a cable knit sweater and another was a cardigan, so maybe the fitments of their shirts are different?

Is your sleeve length really 36"? If so, either size will be really short on you.

Based on your chest measurements, get small. I have a 36" chest and I had no room to move in a XS utility shirt. I have to wear small.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads