1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

Yah, I've certainly spent more on junk from J. Crew! I'm also trying to figure out if it fits the Robert aesthetic.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Lots of great stuff added to the sale section. Wish I had some extra income right now for it.

3. cotton

cotton Member

Does anyone have a sense of how long, if at all, jcrew.com will continue to restock items that have sold out? I've been holding out for a pair of the 9" club shorts in a certain color, but they've recently been put on sale. I assume this means they're liquidating what stock they have left and won't be producing more any time soon.

4. Robert

Robert Senior member

Lots of great stuff added to the sale section. Wish I had some extra income right now for it.

Like what?

5. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

Anyone have the bowery pants in classic fit?
    Their urban slim fits great on me but it does not have navy blue in stock. I need some quick clothes for an interview. I don't have a suit so navy pants + white dress shirt?

6. averagejoe123

averagejoe123 Active Member

I'm considering the Suede Jamesport bucks. Has anyone had any experience with them and the way they fit?

7. Basic

Basic Active Member

Anyone have the bowery pants in classic fit?
    Their urban slim fits great on me but it does not have navy blue in stock. I need some quick clothes for an interview. I don't have a suit so navy pants + white dress shirt?

I have the classic fit bowery and I really love the way they fit. What you interview in all depends on what kind of job it's for. Good luck!

8. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Got a huge haul of items for my bday. I love the sun faded brick crewneck so much I'm tempted to cop the grey one this weekend. Such a perfect lightweight versatile sweatshirt. Also, the summer madras shirts fit much slimmer than previous years iterations which makes me happy that I don't have to tailor unless I want them perfect. I also got the essential shorts in navy, and they fit perfectly right now, but I am wondering if they will shrink if I wash them? I am worried because Im pretty sure jcrew only does whole sizes (ie 32, 34, 36) when in reality I maybe could size up to a 33 from a 32. Any insight on shrinkage?

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Some new stuff was just added to the site. Another Timex.

10. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Got a huge haul of items for my bday. I love the sun faded brick crewneck so much I'm tempted to cop the grey one this weekend. Such a perfect lightweight versatile sweatshirt. Also, the summer madras shirts fit much slimmer than previous years iterations which makes me happy that I don't have to tailor unless I want them perfect. I also got the essential shorts in navy, and they fit perfectly right now, but I am wondering if they will shrink if I wash them? I am worried because Im pretty sure jcrew only does whole sizes (ie 32, 34, 36) when in reality I maybe could size up to a 33 from a 32. Any insight on shrinkage?

I have not had any pants from J Crew shrink when washed, though I don't have the essential chinos/shorts. And J Crew does odd sizes in shorts; check the website and you'll see.

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Some new stuff was just added to the site. Another Timex.
    I'm liking the new fleece items. This - wow! (but not $440 worth) http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...2476/32476.jsp So I'm loving my sea bluff madras, but I am finding a lot of loose/snagged threads. I've been having a lot of disappoints with quality lately; almost all of my pants have loose buttons.

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

13. wrenhunter

wrenhunter Senior member

We seriously need to get someone to buy some of these and post fit pics. Anyone have them?[/url]
    Great for summer parties -- stains don't even show up!

14. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

15. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

yeah the madras i actually like, but i'd like the urban slim fit.

16. JTK

JTK Senior member

I'm considering the Suede Jamesport bucks. Has anyone had any experience with them and the way they fit?

I have 'em and love 'em! They fit true to (sneaker) size. I usually wear 8-8.5 is dress shoes, and a 9 in the Jamesport. Vans and addidas I wear 9.

17. ctrlaltelite

seconding jtk.

jkissi and some other members swear by these shoes, there was even a recent thread comparing a bunch of other bucks that were relatively cheap, and these won out.

they run pretty true to size, ie if you wear an 8.5 you're probably an 8.5. but i mean -- free returns so what's the risk?

18. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

Question about chinos:

What is the difference between Bowery and Essential Chinos? The description they use seem to make Bowery possibly more casual, though both seem so similar.

19. JTK

JTK Senior member

20. ctrlaltelite

i have a ludlow suit i wear all the time as separates. it's single vented so it's pretty versatile.