1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    what the hell is going on here?

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

3. Robert

Robert Senior member

& lots & lots of chambray.

It's gotten pretty wild.

4. golfham

golfham Senior member

belts and watches....

hell yeah. my timex is arriving tomorrow.

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

New arrivals???
    There was like 4 shirts and a belt.

6. old yeller

old yeller Member

I am getting costal plaid lightweight shirt and Indian Plantation madras shirt this week. [​IMG]

7. 5tan

5tan Senior member

Anyone order a pair of shorts before?
    How is the waist sizing? There's a pair I want, but only a 29 left. Are they true to size or is there a bit of slack?

8. evilbananas

evilbananas Senior member

No nantucket red urban slim fit pants [​IMG].

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Anyone order a pair of shorts before?
    How is the waist sizing? There's a pair I want, but only a 29 left. Are they true to size or is there a bit of slack?

Definitely slack. If you go down 1 from your true waist, you won't have any problems. Down 2 might even be possible. I have found this consistently with their pants. I am a 34 and can wear most J Crew 32 comfortably.

Are these going to be nonreturnable for some reason?

10. 5tan

5tan Senior member

Fantastic!
    Thanks for the info.
    Now I just gotta wait for a free shipping code, and hopefully extra sale on discounted items, lol.

Well, it is a sale item, and also being in Canada, I think it would be a hassle with the returning/exchanging of items.

11. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

Please either contribute something constructive or leave my thread. Thank you.
    Ok, that Sutherland trench you got from the clearance/distribution center or whatever for like 50 cents fit me like shit. I returned the thing, worst fitting piece yet from J. Robert.

12. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

The buttons are falling off my fatigue jacket. WTF is this, Mickey?

13. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

You late-comers are getting the second-runs. Not much you can do about it except don't be so slow on the uptake next time.
    Hey look. It's another idiot that thought it was a good idea get into a bar room brawl while wearing the red chambray. (sarcasm) However, I don't think I have a "second-run". I purchased mine in store over a month and a half ago (still have the receipt). Either way, I kept mine. Like a few others have said, nothing a bit of thread and and a needle cant fix.

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

True -- and you won't know for sure until you see it in person. But it sure seems to have everything going for it. The color is perhaps in the tradition of Clarks desert boots (but with a red sole) .... ?

Here's a Quoddy chukka that's similar, in a color that (I think) is close to the Yuketen I posted earlier: http://www.southwillard.com/collecti...e-chukka-boot/
    Note, this color combo seems to be inspired by traditional dirty bucks.
    Appears to be virtually out of stock now, but perhaps worth pursing. And South Willard is a great store to do business with (I've gotten two pairs of Quoddys from them).

It's one of the three standard color variations Quoddy offers on that style and Steven Alan in NYC is carrying the same sand suede that J.Crew is. They definitely look to be the same tone as the sand DBs to me too, that's why I'm trying to decide if it is a colorway I can pull off with my wardrobe.

The ones variation from South Willard are money and more the colorway I'm drawn too. I actually purchased the yellow boat shoes from them last week and other things from them in the past and agree they're a great store. It's that "dirty buck" look that I like about that colorway more.

15. seany

seany Senior member

I never had ANY of my J.Crew stuff fall apart, cept my first J.Crew shirt I ever ordered online.

Gingham shirt, button fell off after about two months of wear. I was kind of upset, but a needle/thread is all I needed.

I own around 10 J.Crew shirts, blazer, jacket(s), pants etc. Nothing other then that one time.

16. deveandepot1

No nantucket red urban slim fit pants [​IMG].

Why didn't you buy one last year? IIRC they even went on sale.

17. evilbananas

evilbananas Senior member

^They went down to $29.99 last summer, but I didn't think they would go with anything I owned so I never bought them. I've been regretting it ever since.

18. deveandepot1

^They went down to $29.99 last summer, but I didn't think they would go with anything I owned so I never bought the. I've been regretting it ever since.

FWIW the lightweight chinos which sold out last September/October popped back up in the sale section 2 weeks ago. They had a variety of sizes.
    Maybe they will come back. [​IMG]

19. Robert

Robert Senior member

Ok, that Sutherland trench you got from the clearance/distribution center or whatever for like 50 cents fit me like shit. I returned the thing, worst fitting piece yet from J. Robert.

That's too bad. I know it's not the slimmest fitting trench in the world. I've heard others complain about the fit too. It seems to work for me though.

20. BeerBaron

BeerBaron Member

Weird because the fit looked perfect on the web site, especially in the sleeves:

[​IMG]