1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Yes. Well said.

+1

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Yes. Well said.

+1000

I don't understand the JCrew hate. It's a good brand with quality clothes with a wide range of fits and sizes that work for a variety of men. If you buy JCrew clothes you are gonna look like a JCrew "model." It's the same if you buy any brands clothes, you are gonna look like the pictures they have to sell you the clothes. Who cares?

I do admit I feel a little funny when I walk into a store wearing a shirt and notice they have the same shirt up on display right next to me. [​IMG]

3. hastur

hastur Senior member

+1000

I don't understand the JCrew hate. It's a good brand with quality clothes with a wide range of fits and sizes that work for a variety of men. If you buy JCrew clothes you are gonna look like a JCrew "model." It's the same if you buy any brands clothes, you are gonna look like the pictures they have to sell you the clothes. Who cares?

I do admit I feel a little funny when I walk into a store wearing a shirt and notice they have the same shirt up on display right next to me. [​IMG]

people hate it because it's too easily accessible

snobs don't want to see average people out on the street wearing the same things they are

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

snobs don't want to see average people out on the street wearing the same things they are

Typically there are not that many differences between the look and cut of brands to be able to tell anyways, unless they logo it.

But, yes you are right.

5. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

logos are much worse
    nothing worse than seeing huge A+F labels across a shirt

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

+1000

Yeh, happens to me all the time. Sometimes when I walk into J. Crew I feel like they should pay me for modeling the best of the season.

7. Robert

Robert Senior member

logos are much worse

The only logo I will sometimes do is Polo by RL if it's subdued enough. And only because I can find really nice RL shirts in my fave vintage shop. Picked up a great gingham l/s RL the other day. The pony's purple, but meh. The shirt fits great. It's in their custom-fit line which is nice and slim.

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

logos are much worse

The only logo I will sometimes do is RL if it's subdued enough. And only because I can find really nice RL shirts in my fave vintage shop. Picked up a great gingham l/s RL the other day. The pony's purple, but meh. The shirt fits great. It's in their custom-fit line which is nice and slim.

9. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

The only logo I will sometimes do is RL if it's subdued enough. And only because I can find really nice RL shirts in my fave vintage shop. Picked up a great gingham l/s RL the other day. The pony's purple, but meh. The shirt fits great. It's in their custom-fit line which is nice and slim.

Lacoste log is also pretty subdued, but I am with you on that. Probably the only logoed things I own are Lacoste and Polo.

10. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

J Crew isn't as popular as say A&F and Hollister.
    I never see anyone wearing J Crew. At least here in California.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

The only people I ever see wearing J. Crew are you guys here. Never in real life--except when I look in the mirror.

12. racknac

racknac Senior member

come to Santa Monica and I you will see me wearing their S/S10 catalog.

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

come to Asheville and you will see me wearing their s/s 10 catalog. As well as some of their clothes.

14. golfham

golfham Senior member

motherfuckers at J.Crew said my chambray would ship today, and it didn't. It's still listed as "Releasable."

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

Good story for u guys. One dude I work with is always giving me shit about my extensive J Crew collection. He's always got a snide comment.

Friday I was in J Crew on 5th Ave and who do I see there? That SAME dude! He was like, uhhhh,= well,,,,,I just need some new shorts for summer. Do you like these?

I didn't even give him a hard time....just laughed inside.

16. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

+100

men's level at the grove is always dead...there are like four employees up there and me whenever I go, even on weekends

there are always a lot of women in there, though. how do women view their prices/value?

17. Keroberos

Keroberos Senior member

The only people I ever see wearing J. Crew are you guys here. Never in real life--except when I look in the mirror.

+1

18. Robert

Robert Senior member

Good story for u guys. One dude I work with is always giving me shit about my extensive J Crew collection. He's always got a snide comment.

Friday I was in J Crew on 5th Ave and who do I see there? That SAME dude! He was like, uhhhh,= well,,,,,I just need some new shorts for summer. Do you like these?

I didn't even give him a hard time....just laughed inside.

Ha ha. Oh, that would have been such an easy target! I commend you for your restraint.

19. Robert

Robert Senior member

motherfuckers at J.Crew said my chambray would ship today, and it didn't. It's still listed as "Releasable."

Motherfuckers! Chambray shirt Nazis!

20. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

The sunwashed oxfords some were talking about are online today.