• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...my aunt bought me 3 shirts from Jcrew about 3 three weeks ago. So if you want to save a few bucks on a BNWT green madras shirt and large gringham navy (worn this once)...holla
smile.gif
size small

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today at J Crew
Cast: deveandepot1, J Crew Girl 1, J Crew Girl 2, J Crew Guy 1, J Crew Phone Lady

deveandepot1- Hi can I try these on in a size 10.5
smile.gif

Girl 1- Oh the Sperry boots. Sure I will go get them.
(She leaves for 5 minutes)

Girl 1- Here is a size 10 and a size 11. They don't come in a size 10.5.

deveandepot1- Really? I saw them online in a size 10.5.
confused.gif

Girl 1- Oh(Looks at deveandepot1 like he is an idiot) these are not J Crew shoes these are from a shoe company called Sperry. Sperry doesn't make half sizes.
teacha.gif

deveandepot1- Oh okay.
plain.gif

(deveandepot1 pissed off looks around the J.Crew store and decides to leave with just 2 pairs of watch straps)

deveandepot1- Hi, can I get these.
smile.gif

Girl 2- Sure. That will be (something like 43.05)

deveandepot1- Thanks. These are online for 2/$30. You guys price match right?
smile.gif

Girl 2- Ohh no not anymore.
frown.gif

deveandepot1- When did this start?
confused.gif

Girl 2- It has been like that since I started 2 years ago.
frown.gif

deveandepot1- Ohh. I will just buy this one then.
plain.gif

Girl 2- Sure. Well, let me just check with my manager to make sure there is no promotion going on with these.
smile.gif

Guy1- The 2 for $30 deal will work if you order through the online store at the red phone.
smile.gif

deveandepot1-Okay fine.
smile.gif

(Guy 1 makes a call and hands deveandepot1 the phone)

(After deveandepot1 gives his info, address, email... J.Crew phone lady gives him the quote of $50 for the 2 watchstraps)

deveandepot1- I thought these were 2 for $30 with free shipping.

J.Crew phone lady- We only give free shipping on full price items. The watch straps are 2 for $30 but we have to charge you shipping.

deveandepot1-(Now noticeably frustrated by this store's complete and utter stupidity) Ohh I left my credit card in the car, I will be right back.

(deveandepot1 leaves this J.Crew never to return.)

Edit- J.Crew is still one of my favorite brands.

seany

Reaction score
LMAOOOOOOO at the story. I say go in there another day and try to buy the straps again, or go to another store. The guys at the NYC stores are nothing but helpfull and simply bringing a printed photo of the watch straps two for 30 sale at J.Crew.com would have gotten me the straps. Sorry to hear that man.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not buy nato straps from this guy? You can get two really high quality nato/zulu for $28 shipped iirc. I bought mines a long time ago...still holding up pretty well. http://natostrap.blogspot.com/

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
LMAOOOOOOO at the story. I say go in there another day and try to buy the straps again, or go to another store. The guys at the NYC stores are nothing but helpfull and simply bringing a printed photo of the watch straps two for 30 sale at J.Crew.com would have gotten me the straps. Sorry to hear that man.

I will never go back there again.
laugh.gif

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
Why not buy nato straps from this guy? You can get two really high quality nato/zulu for $28 shipped iirc. I bought mines a long time ago...still holding up pretty well.

http://natostrap.blogspot.com/

The price didn't really matter to me. I was more upset with the customer service. They were nice and all, but they just looked lost.

dunelly

Reaction score
some lady took 10 minutes to figure out how to return an item
i ask to be hired but they rather hire old ladies :{

KA1555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Ditto. Short sleeves bug me.

I'm the exact opposite; I'd rather have shorter sleeves and have it look like I'm going for the shrunken look (Thom Browne and to a lesser extent, Band of Outsiders), than have my sleeves coming out over my hand.

I hate sleeves that are too long, both on shirts and on jackets/sportcoats/coats.

Razeus

Reaction score
What is with the tab sticking out of the collar on these chambrays? The gray one looks so good, but that tab is a deal breaker.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Today at J Crew
Cast: deveandepot1, J Crew Girl 1, J Crew Girl 2, J Crew Guy 1, J Crew Phone Lady

deveandepot1- Hi can I try these on in a size 10.5
smile.gif

Girl 1- Oh the Sperry boots. Sure I will go get them.
(She leaves for 5 minutes)

Girl 1- Here is a size 10 and a size 11. They don't come in a size 10.5.

deveandepot1- Really? I saw them online in a size 10.5.
confused.gif

Girl 1- Oh(Looks at deveandepot1 like he is an idiot) these are not J Crew shoes these are from a shoe company called Sperry. Sperry doesn't make half sizes.
teacha.gif

deveandepot1- Oh okay.
plain.gif

(deveandepot1 pissed off looks around the J.Crew store and decides to leave with just 2 pairs of watch straps)

deveandepot1- Hi, can I get these.
smile.gif

Girl 2- Sure. That will be (something like 43.05)

deveandepot1- Thanks. These are online for 2/$30. You guys price match right?
smile.gif

Girl 2- Ohh no not anymore.
frown.gif

deveandepot1- When did this start?
confused.gif

Girl 2- It has been like that since I started 2 years ago.
frown.gif

deveandepot1- Ohh. I will just buy this one then.
plain.gif

Girl 2- Sure. Well, let me just check with my manager to make sure there is no promotion going on with these.
smile.gif

Guy1- The 2 for $30 deal will work if you order through the online store at the red phone.
smile.gif

deveandepot1-Okay fine.
smile.gif

(Guy 1 makes a call and hands deveandepot1 the phone)

(After deveandepot1 gives his info, address, email... J.Crew phone lady gives him the quote of $50 for the 2 watchstraps)

deveandepot1- I thought these were 2 for $30 with free shipping.

J.Crew phone lady- We only give free shipping on full price items. The watch straps are 2 for $30 but we have to charge you shipping.

deveandepot1-(Now noticeably frustrated by this store's complete and utter stupidity) Ohh I left my credit card in the car, I will be right back.

(deveandepot1 leaves this J.Crew never to return.)

Edit- J.Crew is still one of my favorite brands.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Awe man! Sounds like you just found a bad store. Try another one. My experience is they do price match online if you ask nicely.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razeus
What is with the tab sticking out of the collar on these chambrays? The gray one looks so good, but that tab is a deal breaker.

I like the tab. It's one of my favorite little touches on the shirts.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It's a workwear detail. Saw some old movie the other night from the 40s where a dude was wearing a denim shirt with a similar tab. I like it.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dave, my retail store has the bands on sale 2 for $20. You should ask why some store have them for that price.

eczerwonka

Reaction score

I'm sure they are really just a historical accent but those tabs work well for me with several utility shirts I have, not all are JCrew. I use them in the winter when I ride to work and button the top to help keep the wind from going down my shirt. That extra room the tab gives is a godsend as I cannot button that top button without that tab.

There are plenty of shirts without them so I don't see the hate. I won't buy a shirt without them now since they work well for my needs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads