• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

aktao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
I have got nothing but compliments on the jacket, and I don't understand how it gives anyone a shapeless upper body considering it's a very slim jacket with very little fabric. But to each to their own I guess.
smile.gif

I think the cadet jacket looks very good on you especially with the whole j crew outfit you got going on there. I have the same jacket minus the red chambray though.

Just out of curiosity, what size did you get? This jacket was slimmer than most j crew jackets, so I opted for a medium.

seany

Reaction score
I got a size small. I am 5'8 and the jacket hits right below my waist (About 2 inchs). The jacket has narrow sleeves and is cut pretty short. For J.Crew its a very slim fitting jacket.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FRAIS
I picked up the Nail Head and the red chambray this week from JCrew. I personally like the Nail Head shirt more than the red chambray, it has such a good thick feel to it. I'm friends with some1 who works @ the Mens Shop in soho and apparrently the guys @ RRL went nuts when 1 of the JCrew employees walked in with the NH shirt on.

Nail head is the REAL THING. Have to agree, nice than the red chambray. Fit is damn nice.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The order status of an item I ordered over a week ago has changed from processing to "waitlisted." Has anyone else ever had an item they ordered "waitlisted"? Does this mean I just have to wait for a Mauritian worker to make more madras shirts or does this mean I'm never going to see my shirt? It was still listed as "in stock" on the site five days after I placed my initial order.

dunelly

Reaction score
im back from a jcrew. the utility jacket in faded black/navy is balling. too bad they dont have xs. small fits me a tiny loose around the chest.
there were no cadets in xs in stock. looks similar to the utility. main differences i spoted is the extra chest pocket missing on the cadet.

the olive/black lightweight utility shirts looked really slim. Armholes are a lot higher than the normal utility. No red chambray. The linen shirts are actually pretty good too, thick linen. nailhead is really thick. not sure about the fit as I didnt try.
I might get the nailhead/cadet/lightweight utility. Best stuff this spring.

the nailhead looks like it can go for 200+, the fabric is 2awesome. someone with the xs, let me know if it fits like the chambray or is it slimmer like the new lw shirts. could even make a good outerwear piece

dunelly

Reaction score
this is the jcrew utility goddam i might get the s and taylor the chest down
NYShootOct2-3.jpg
clarks9.jpg
vlcsnap-2010-01-02-23h42m41s124.png

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
I have got nothing but compliments on the jacket, and I don't understand how it gives anyone a shapeless upper body considering it's a very slim jacket with very little fabric. But to each to their own I guess.
smile.gif

Maybe it's the dim lighting + the black jacket? I dunno, if you've been complimented then don't mind me.
laugh.gif

FRAIS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
eh.gif
You are 6'3" and can wear a SMALL long sleeve shirt? There is no way in hell the sleeves are long enough for you unless you have deformed baby arms.

you tell me, I wouldnt say my arms are that short

2iln0oj.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FRAIS
you tell me, I wouldnt say my arms are that short

2iln0oj.jpg

That's crazy... I'm 6'6" which only makes me only 3 inches taller then you and there is no way in hell even a normal Large could fit my arms.

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
The order status of an item I ordered over a week ago has changed from processing to "waitlisted." Has anyone else ever had an item they ordered "waitlisted"? Does this mean I just have to wait for a Mauritian worker to make more madras shirts or does this mean I'm never going to see my shirt? It was still listed as "in stock" on the site five days after I placed my initial order.

Just means they're out of stock on the item you ordered. I have a couple of items waitlisted. An Officer's chino and cardigan.

BTW, Jack Bauer is rockin my jacket in that pic.
cool.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been mentioned (sorry not paying as much attention as of late to this thread), but what does everyone think of the Secret Wash lightweight shirt in coastal plaid? I have not seen it in real life, but is the lighter blue as bright as it looks on the website? If it's a little more muted, I may try it out.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...5335/25335.jsp

bsyde82

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on J.Crew's selvage denim? I'm not a denim expert, so I can't really tell the difference between denims...I pay the most attention to fit, and the 484 fits awesome imo.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I'm sure it's been mentioned (sorry not paying as much attention as of late to this thread), but what does everyone think of the Secret Wash lightweight shirt in coastal plaid? I have not seen it in real life, but is the lighter blue as bright as it looks on the website? If it's a little more muted, I may try it out.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...5335/25335.jsp

Got it today, and it is definitely not as bright as in the picture. I love it, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads