Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. aktao

aktao Active Member

I have got nothing but compliments on the jacket, and I don't understand how it gives anyone a shapeless upper body considering it's a very slim jacket with very little fabric. But to each to their own I guess.[​IMG]

I think the cadet jacket looks very good on you especially with the whole j crew outfit you got going on there. I have the same jacket minus the red chambray though.

Just out of curiosity, what size did you get? This jacket was slimmer than most j crew jackets, so I opted for a medium.

2. seany

seany Senior member

I got a size small. I am 5'8 and the jacket hits right below my waist (About 2 inchs). The jacket has narrow sleeves and is cut pretty short. For J.Crew its a very slim fitting jacket.

3. sazon

sazon Senior member

I picked up the Nail Head and the red chambray this week from JCrew. I personally like the Nail Head shirt more than the red chambray, it has such a good thick feel to it. I'm friends with some1 who works @ the Mens Shop in soho and apparrently the guys @ RRL went nuts when 1 of the JCrew employees walked in with the NH shirt on.

Nail head is the REAL THING. Have to agree, nice than the red chambray. Fit is damn nice.

4. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

The order status of an item I ordered over a week ago has changed from processing to "waitlisted." Has anyone else ever had an item they ordered "waitlisted"? Does this mean I just have to wait for a Mauritian worker to make more madras shirts or does this mean I'm never going to see my shirt? It was still listed as "in stock" on the site five days after I placed my initial order.

5. Staver

Staver Senior member

6. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

im back from a jcrew. the utility jacket in faded black/navy is balling. too bad they dont have xs. small fits me a tiny loose around the chest.
    there were no cadets in xs in stock. looks similar to the utility. main differences i spoted is the extra chest pocket missing on the cadet.

the olive/black lightweight utility shirts looked really slim. Armholes are a lot higher than the normal utility. No red chambray. The linen shirts are actually pretty good too, thick linen. nailhead is really thick. not sure about the fit as I didnt try.
    I might get the nailhead/cadet/lightweight utility. Best stuff this spring.

the nailhead looks like it can go for 200+, the fabric is 2awesome. someone with the xs, let me know if it fits like the chambray or is it slimmer like the new lw shirts. could even make a good outerwear piece

7. fashion geek

fashion geek Active Member

Can anyone post fit pics of the twill macalister boots

8. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

this is the jcrew utility goddam i might get the s and taylor the chest down [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. breakz

breakz Senior member

I have got nothing but compliments on the jacket, and I don't understand how it gives anyone a shapeless upper body considering it's a very slim jacket with very little fabric. But to each to their own I guess.[​IMG]

Maybe it's the dim lighting + the black jacket? I dunno, if you've been complimented then don't mind me. [​IMG]

10. FRAIS

FRAIS Member

[​IMG] You are 6'3" and can wear a SMALL long sleeve shirt? There is no way in hell the sleeves are long enough for you unless you have deformed baby arms.

you tell me, I wouldnt say my arms are that short

[​IMG]

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    you tell me, I wouldnt say my arms are that short

[​IMG]

That's crazy... I'm 6'6" which only makes me only 3 inches taller then you and there is no way in hell even a normal Large could fit my arms.

12. Guus

Guus Senior member

The order status of an item I ordered over a week ago has changed from processing to "waitlisted." Has anyone else ever had an item they ordered "waitlisted"? Does this mean I just have to wait for a Mauritian worker to make more madras shirts or does this mean I'm never going to see my shirt? It was still listed as "in stock" on the site five days after I placed my initial order.

Just means they're out of stock on the item you ordered. I have a couple of items waitlisted. An Officer's chino and cardigan.

BTW, Jack Bauer is rockin my jacket in that pic. [​IMG]

13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'm sure it's been mentioned (sorry not paying as much attention as of late to this thread), but what does everyone think of the Secret Wash lightweight shirt in coastal plaid? I have not seen it in real life, but is the lighter blue as bright as it looks on the website? If it's a little more muted, I may try it out.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...5335/25335.jsp

14. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

What are people's thoughts on J.Crew's selvage denim? I'm not a denim expert, so I can't really tell the difference between denims...I pay the most attention to fit, and the 484 fits awesome imo.

15. DrFaustus

DrFaustus Senior member

I'm sure it's been mentioned (sorry not paying as much attention as of late to this thread), but what does everyone think of the Secret Wash lightweight shirt in coastal plaid? I have not seen it in real life, but is the lighter blue as bright as it looks on the website? If it's a little more muted, I may try it out.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...5335/25335.jsp

Got it today, and it is definitely not as bright as in the picture. I love it, though.