J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. racknac

racknac Senior member

You're definitely a medium.
    I'm 5'7, 145, 38 chest, 28 waist, 15.5 32/33 shirt, muscular upper body. I am a J Crew medium because the smalls are tight in the chest area (standing up straight, not slouching), and the neck on the small is too small for me, as it would be for you too.

you should wear a small.

2. seany

seany Senior member

The only problem that he should have wearing a small is not being able to button the collar up. I gave up buttoning the collar on my J.Crew smalls =/

But yea I'm 5'8 155-160 and the mediums look horrible on me. I also own TWO secret wash XS shirts and they fit me very well also (cept my beer belly always shows) lol

3. aktao

aktao Active Member

you should wear a small.

I never button my collar up on my secret wash shirts, but if I button the first button down from the collar, the shirt stretches and gets these radiating wrinkles across my chest area. Not a good look for a button down shirt, imo.

The SA told me that the difference in chest circumference of a small and a medium shirt is three inches. The difference in length of the entire shirt and in the sleeves is only 0.5 inch, so there is practically no difference in length between a small and a medium (I've verified this by laying small and medium shirts side by side for comparison). The only major difference between a small and a medium is in the chest area and possibly the torso area.

4. aktao

aktao Active Member

The only problem that he should have wearing a small is not being able to button the collar up. I gave up buttoning the collar on my J.Crew smalls =/

But yea I'm 5'8 155-160 and the mediums look horrible on me. I also own TWO secret wash XS shirts and they fit me very well also (cept my beer belly always shows) lol

I'm amazed that you can fit into a XS. I would never be able to squeeze into a XS because of my V shaped upper body.

I do wear a small in all their tees and sweaters. Their cardigans tend to fit tightly, so I go with a medium.

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

[​IMG] @ monocle/j crew...

no one at monocle wears j crew.

6. Yet123

Yet123 Active Member

If a S in J.Crew "secret wash" shirts/ dress shirts fit me very well, should i also go for a small with the chambray and nailhead oxford utility shirt?

7. hydrogen

hydrogen Active Member

I'm 5'8, 160 lbs, 39 chest, 31 waist, 15.5 32/33 shirt, broad shoulders. Am I a small or medium?

I'm damn near exactly your stats, including the shirt size, except a 32 waist and I usually buy mediums. The secret wash are a touch big on me but not enough to downsize to a small. Sleeves are usually an inch too long though. If it's not a style I typically roll up I usually have them shortened.

8. wrenhunter

wrenhunter Senior member

looks a little small to me.
    +1, but that's the current fashion.

9. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

anybody can post a fit pic of utinity jacket in SHADOW color? cannot tell the what the color is on their site. is it a navy? a bright navy? or a faded navy?

10. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

SHADOW is navy, it looks more faded, less vibrant in person.

11. matsuya

matsuya Senior member

It's slate blue, right?

12. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

that does snot sound very encouraging... I want something more vibrant for a spring jacket.

13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I dont own any other utility shirts from J crew but it fits slightly baggier than the chambray
    im about 6'3 , 180 lbs and I took a small ... I was swimming in a medium

[​IMG] You are 6'3" and can wear a SMALL long sleeve shirt? There is no way in hell the sleeves are long enough for you unless you have deformed baby arms.

14. seany

seany Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Cadet and Sun-washed Red Chambray.

15. synovoid

synovoid Senior member