J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. tcolberg

tcolberg Well-Known Member

Put in an online order yesterday morning.

1x OCBD in white

1x Cotton Cashmere V-Neck Sweater in Indigo

1x Cotton Cashmere V-Neck Sweater in Garnet

1x Point Collar dress shirt in med. gingham in English Grape

1x Wool Trilby Hat (which, due to the demographics of the area of L.A. I live in, I've sworn to myself that I'd never wear unless it was either just above freezing or I was pairing it with my trenchcoat)

2. sunman42000

sunman42000 Senior member

I can't wear the chambray with the tab collar - i feel like it looks goofy. Can someone post a worn pic?

I feel like it's just sticking out randomly and looks bizarre

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I can't wear the chambray with the tab collar - i feel like it looks goofy. Can someone post a worn pic?

I feel like it's just sticking out randomly and looks bizarre

A search would have revealed this post: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1744

I don't feel it's goofy at all.

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Can you post pictures of the cadet jacket?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. n2pua

n2pua Senior member

for those that purchased the red chambray ......

i noticed in the description that it uses linen, but does it say the percentage. the reason that i ask is because i find linen to be really inconvenient when it comes to rolling up sleeves and making its own shape over time. meaning, i hate sloppy looking sleeves and semi-permanent wrinkles in the body when wearing linen over time. not to mention its dry clean only (i think).

why this shirt couldn't be a all cotton, i'll never know. what do you guys who own think so far ?

6. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

for those that purchased the red chambray ......

i noticed in the description that it uses linen, but does it say the percentage. the reason that i ask is because i find linen to be really inconvenient when it comes to rolling up sleeves and making its own shape over time. meaning, i hate sloppy looking sleeves and semi-permanent wrinkles in the body when wearing linen over time. not to mention its dry clean only (i think).

why this shirt couldn't be a all cotton, i'll never know. what do you guys who own think so far ?

Its 25% linen. Shirt is not dry clean only, and the sleeves dont stay rolled up. My sleeves are a bit loose as well for an XS.

Does anyone know the best way to shrink the shirt a bit? Or should I just bring it to a tailor?

7. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

The linen is also a huge non-starter for me. Oh well, that saves me $85.

8. saelan

saelan Senior member

Its 25% linen. Shirt is not dry clean only, and the sleeves dont stay rolled up. My sleeves are a bit loose as well for an XS.

Does anyone know the best way to shrink the shirt a bit? Or should I just bring it to a tailor?

well, you can either wash it and throw it in the dryer and hope it shrinks the way you want (and not in a way you don't want) or you can take it to the tailor. I never really like to machine-dry my shirts, so I'd just go with the latter.

9. Meis

Meis Senior member

Could always just throw it in the dryer to shrink it a little... I think willycheesesteak said that he had his tailor slim up the sleeves on his. I've heard its pretty cheap and easy for a tailor to do, but I still don't know if I trust the tailors (drycleaners) around me to not screw it up.
    That said, I don't find the loose sleeves to be too much of a problem: either I'm wearing a jacket/sweater over them so you can't see them, or if I'm not- I have them rolled up and then its not noticeable. For me thats actually the upside of looser sleeves...on the flip side its a pain in the ass to roll up the sleeves on my BOO shirts b/c the sleeves are so slim.

10. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

I like the Utility Jacket more than the cadet. I think its those big pockets that make it look different.
    Looks like an excellent fit though.

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I really like everything about that jacket EXCEPT the epaulets. I wish they had not added those, otherwise it's a win. [​IMG]

12. qmaddox

qmaddox New Member

cant wait to pick up some bow ties

13. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I really like everything about that jacket EXCEPT the epaulets. I wish they had not added those, otherwise it's a win. [​IMG]

A reasonably skilled seamstress or tailor can take those off without a trace. I have a Ralph Lauren officer's coat that had epaulets on it, and I had them removed. In this case, the epaulets lay very flat so they don't bother me too much.

14. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I really like everything about that jacket EXCEPT the epaulets.

+1

15. matsuya

matsuya Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

The jacket looks really good. What size is it and what are your stats, no homo.