1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

tonio, are the collar buttons on the chambray the same size as the rest of the shirt, or are they smaller? I've noticed that in all the fit pics I've seen, people are leaving that collar undone. I ordered one that won't be here until April, but I had a mind to maybe get a tailor to put proper buttonholes in it. Hidden-button collars seem silly to me.

The collar buttons are identical to all of the other buttons on the shirt. Ive considered removing the collar buttons all-together, but I can't help but think placing such a button-hole in the collar would look a bit odd. Could be wrong though. I'd love to see a picture if someone has done this already?

2. KnowYourRights

KnowYourRights Senior member

I actually prefer a slim-straight fit to a slim-skinny. Are the JCrew vintage slims more on the skinny side then straight?

The VSs are more slim-straight. The J Crew 484s are the company's "skinny" jeans.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    The VSs are more slim-straight. The J Crew 484s are the company's "skinny" jeans.

Ah ok, good to know. [​IMG]

4. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

The collar buttons are identical to all of the other buttons on the shirt. Ive considered removing the collar buttons all-together, but I can't help but think placing such a button-hole in the collar would look a bit odd. Could be wrong though. I'd love to see a picture if someone has done this already?

All the buttons on the shirt are the same size and they're larger buttons to begin with. That includes on the collar buttons, 2nd tab collar button, and sleeve placket buttons. I considered removing the collar ones too because it makes the collar look too busy with all those big white bright buttons. It's a short collar anyway so there's really no need for the collar to be buttoned down.

5. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

call customer service, and they will look for it in XS for you.

6. Guus

Guus Senior member

Can anyone pick me up the red chambray in XS or S. I emailed J crew and they are not expected to restock = (

BS. Its one of the most popular items they have and they're not restocking? Please.

7. dareone

dareone Senior member

they told me the same about not restocking on the smaller sizes. i agree though. kinda hard to believe since it's such a hot item...

BS. Its one of the most popular items they have and they're not restocking? Please.

8. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

Is J. Crew notorious for playing around with their sale prices? I purcashed the navy Sutherland trench earlier this week for $169.99 with 30% off, now it is still in the sale section but back at $198 and the sale promotion is still on. I could have sworn I have seen them do this with other items.

9. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

10. Robert

Robert Senior member

Ha ha ha. I got it for $60!

11. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

Ha ha ha. I got it for $60!
    Good for you...now share how.

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

Clearance store. Also picked up the peacoat for $90.

13. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

We barely have a J. Crew store....so what you are referring to is not an option.

14. dareone

dareone Senior member

finally got my red chambray in today! got a size small and was a little concerned about it being too tight since i wear a size medium in the madras shirts. but i gotta say, after trying it on, the small chambray fits pretty well.

for the ones who do have it, did you notice any shrinking after the wash? if it does, i may have to go for a medium. but by doing that, it may be too big!

15. Robert

Robert Senior member

Travel. Just understand--I'm not talking about an outlet store. This is a clearance store that carries a mix of items from retail, catalog, and outlet returns and overstocking. So you do have to be careful to make sure you're getting a retail or catalog item. But the prices are phenomenal.

16. Robert

Robert Senior member

finally got my red chambray in today! got a size small and was a little concerned about it being too tight since i wear a size medium in the madras shirts. but i gotta say, after trying it on, the small chambray fits pretty well.

for the ones who do have it, did you notice any shrinking after the wash? if it does, i may have to go for a medium. but by doing that, it may be too big!

I haven't washed my red yet, but last year's blue has shrunk very little. Then again I wash in cold and hang dry only.

17. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

Travel. Just understand--I'm not talking about an outlet store. This is a clearance store that carries a mix of items from retail, catalog, and outlet returns and overstocking. So you do have to be careful to make sure you're getting a retail or catalog item. But the prices are phenomenal.
    Is it only in Virginia?

18. Robert

Robert Senior member

No, there are other locations. Mine is about 20 minutes from my door here in North Carolina. They're usually connected to distribution centers.

19. Guus

Guus Senior member

Got and wore the Buffalo plaid shirt. Awesome fabric and received a few compliments on it. Wish I had bought it sooner.

20. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

loving my red chambray shirt.