1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

Will try to post a pic of the one I got. Got it in olive... the differences are slightly slimmer than J.Crew version. J.Crew version is a regular collar although turned up in most pics. The H&M one is a mock turtle neck collar whatever you call it. Also has button tab at collar, flapped patch pockets on both sides chest and waist, and adjustable sleeve tabs. Buttoned interior chest pockets. 100% cotton outside and lining. J.Crew one has add'l pocket on the sleeve.

2. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

xpost from MC:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NICE M3. (if its yours)

3. seany

seany Senior member

Cadet jacket is looking fresh.

4. Guus

Guus Senior member

NICE M3. (if its yours)
    Yeah, how fast have you gone with baby?

5. harryc

harryc Senior member

Went to go see the Fireman's jacket today at 484 Bway. I'd call it a mid weight cotton. Color was an appropriate muted dark navy/black. Fit was perfect for my tastes. Not overly slim, but a nice trim fit. Instantly attractive.

I like the idea of the fireman style buckles/clasps in front, although they seemed a bit thin. Would have prefered some heavier hardware. Nice stand up collar with a corduroy backing.

$268 is probably a bit steep. A 20% off sale with a rewards card should get it to a sweet spot. Too cold anyway in NYC for this weight jacket right now.

I went today to the Men's Shop to check out the jacket and was a bit disappointed. I also thought the jacket was too thin and the clasps weren't substantial enough.

I ended up going to Club Monaco and getting their fireman jacket. It's thicker fabric and has heavier clasps like the Nom De Guerre utility jacket. $249

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

Thanks! Does the fatigue jacket run true to size or about a size large (which has been my experience with most J.Crew items)? I believe a previous poster mentioned he was 5'7" and ~160lb, which is about where I am, and he stated that he was a small in J.Crew... I presume I'm the same?

True to size and even a little slimmer than TTS.

7. Robert

Robert Senior member

I may have to go back and rebuy that freaking cadet jacket. Only this time in that color.

8. aerether

aerether Senior member

True to size and even a little slimmer than TTS.
    As I pretty much *just* scrape medium on their sizing charts, it looks like I'm going with that then [​IMG] Thanks again for your help.

9. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

Will try to post a pic of the one I got. Got it in olive... the differences are slightly slimmer than J.Crew version. J.Crew version is a regular collar although turned up in most pics. The H&M one is a mock turtle neck collar whatever you call it. Also has button tab at collar, flapped patch pockets on both sides chest and waist, and adjustable sleeve tabs. Buttoned interior chest pockets. 100% cotton outside and lining. J.Crew one has add'l pocket on the sleeve.

you talking about the utility jacket? post some photos

10. Guus

Guus Senior member

I may have to go back and rebuy that freaking cadet jacket. Only this time in that color.

The Cadet Jacket seems to have replaced "The Watch" as most talked about item.

11. relax99

relax99 Well-Known Member

anyone wanna talk about sun faded stanton pants?

12. Guus

Guus Senior member

anyone wanna talk about sun faded stanton pants?

nah, lets talk about the Sun-faded slub jersey polo. J/K.

I saw a few of SFSP at two J.Crews. Both the pants and the shorts. They seem slim enough and the fabric is very soft. Pants look well broken-in too.

13. relax99

relax99 Well-Known Member

im interested in picking up a few pairs in urban slim fit. I cant decide on that dusty baltic though. I also have to deice on if the broken in chino version of usf is better

14. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

i cant decide between a few either, im just gonna buy a bunch and return the ones i dont like

15. netsua

netsua Senior member

16. Guus

Guus Senior member

I'm looking for a nice slim fitted OCBD, I was thinking of picking up this guy: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...7658/17658.jsp anyone have own one that can offer some insight? or suggest a better buy?
    I don't know much about the OCBD but that is a sale item. I would wait for a promotion. http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_p...=1267914810389 I'm gonna kop this when a promotion hits. I should have gotten it back in Dec when retail stores were selling it for less than $30!

17. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

i know this is [​IMG] but has there ever been a consensus on the difference between the clarks db and the macalister db? for some reason the macalister appeals to me more

18. Guus

Guus Senior member

i know this is [​IMG] but has there ever been a consensus on the difference between the clarks db and the macalister db? for some reason the macalister appeals to me more

I like the Macalisters more but I have never tried on the Clarks. I bought the Desert Cougar and they are very comfortable.

19. finnegan

finnegan Active Member

I'm looking for a nice slim fitted OCBD, I was thinking of picking up this guy: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...7658/17658.jsp
    anyone have own one that can offer some insight? or suggest a better buy?

Size down. I'm a large in the Gitman OCBD. A medium in the J. Crew provides a similar fit.

20. Robert

Robert Senior member

Went to the store today and decided to order the red chambray over the phone. Didn't pick up anything else.