• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL yeah.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
You should be fine. I don't think knowing anything about women's clothing is a requirement for working in a J. Crew. Or any retail clothing chain.

Was just there and picked up an app. They seemed kind of excited about it. "Oh, yay!" the manager (female) said, patting on the shoulder. No kidding.

Probably didn't hurt that I was dressed head to foot in J. Crew. Or that the sales dude greeted me with a big, "Hey, man, good to see you again," and shook my hand.

Must have been elated at the prospect of maybe finally employing their token old guy (thought I'd beat you all to the punch).

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, that settles it. I'm picking up an application on my way home from work.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been considering this for a long time too. My kids already love J Crew ( I trained them well), so I don't think they'd mind coming to see their Dad at J Crew on Sat/Sun.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outlet stores are having 50% off or so. There's one about 1 hour 15 minutes from me, but no XS from what I remember

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Vintage chambray came in today. Fit is pretty nice, just the sleeve is alittle baggy..but I'll probably will wear em roll up most of the time. I also bought one of their Thomas Mason shirt..I was really curious.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past, several customers in several J. Crew stores mistakenly thought I was an employee.
uhoh.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume minimum wage.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
In the past, several customers in several J. Crew stores mistakenly thought I was an employee.
uhoh.gif

Welcome to my world. Pretty much every time I walk in people ask me to grab them a size from the back. Next time I'm going to go and bring them something completely wrong.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
In the Grove (Los Angeles) store menswear is upstairs and women's downstairs. Same dudes always working the men's section upstairs. The Seattle store was one level but it also seemed sectioned off with one guy working the men's section. I have yet to see a woman working in a men's section (non outlet) but have seen men working in an all women's J Cew.

I was at the Grove store a few weeks ago and the men's head designer (this guy):

ToddSnyder.jpg

was in the store. We were dressed almost exactly alike - khaki's, chambray, right down to both of us having our aviators hanging from the V at the top buttoned-button of our shirts, except he was wearing boat shoes. And all his **** was Jcrew, and I was wearing BR and RRL. It was kinda embarrassing.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wonder if I have the energy for it, though. I cherish my free time. And sometimes my regular workday can really do me in. Still, those discounts... .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads