• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

xanatos

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the tailoring service at Jcrew. Im an in between sizes. Smalls look awsome but i have broad shoulders so the mediums fit like tents!!
Thinking of getting a cc from them and getting it tailored but I sent one shirt to a tailor and he made it look really bad and wondering if the shirts are really tailorable or they just bad fits.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
they only offer free tailoring on full price items

I don't buy full price at jcrew

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its the first season they offered them, i bet they will...

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure they are new.. could be wrong

Kill_switch

Reaction score
because most place i see sell the sperrys i want for around 65 or so on sale so if those ever go on sale i'd rather grab them. i dont need any new boat shoes atm but maybe by the time they go on sale i might.

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
i'm pretty sure they are new.. could be wrong

its the first year they've done an official collaboration with sperry. the other years they just bought them and washed them for a shrunken look. those never turned out that good. they were really bad actually

ha

these new ones are nice but i don't think they are better than any other sperrys. the chukka is an exclusive to them though. if you look at the other chukka sperry sells they don't have as small as a sole.

way to go jcrew. cant wait to see the aldens and the russell moccasins

nairb49

Reaction score
I picked one of the madras shirts up while on vacation, very nice lightweight summer shirt. Also gave one of their chambray's a try, and am happy with it.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought and received a white chambray yet? I'm interested in hearing about the fit, quality, etc.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noticed that many of the selvage denim pieces dropped in full retail price over the past week. Drops of between $30-50 actually.

Wonder what's up with that.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
As expected, I got the charcoal color. Not sure yet if I will keep it.

Afetr trying it on and diggin the fit, and seeing it was made in Canada, I decided to keep the charcoal color. Would have loved the light gray, but oh well.

andychen

Reaction score
hi, I am wondering about Jcrew's return policy. I bought a bunch of stuff including sale items and regular priced clothes in one order. When I checked out, I saw some stuff marked as "final sale". now after I got them, I did not see any "final sale" on the invoice, but I do want to return one shirt. Anyone with some experience can help me here? Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads