• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do we want? Short sleeve shirts.
When do we want them? Now.

constantine.

Reaction score
i went to the jcrew georgetown store and asked for the grey chambray knowing they probably wouldn't carry it (and the website is sold out of smalls)...they put me on the red phone, took my billing/shipping info and tracked one down for me. just got the confirmation email. whoo.

edit: looks like the webstore did a restock.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
awww, I got psyched and then I noticed that "(expected to ship 07.28.2009)" for any size other than XL
7-28-2009 should be next season or sale merchandise.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I ordered the fleece crewneck as well. The website is so confusing...the large pic shows the dark color and the small shows the light color. A few days ago the large pic was the light color. I was really liking the light color.
So does that mean there is only one color then? I'd like to order but I want the dark one and I'm not sure by the pictures or description on the site which I'd be getting. It is indeed confusing.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
So does that mean there is only one color then? I'd like to order but I want the dark one and I'm not sure by the pictures or description on the Jcrew site which I'd be getting. It is indeed confusing.

The same thing happened to me. I ordered what i thought was a light gray and instead got a charcoal color. The same item number links to two different colors and photos. It appears that the light gray doesn't actually exist, so if you place an order, expect to get the charcoal. I emailed J. Crew to see if they can sort it out...if the light gray doesn't exist and I can't exchange it, hopefully they will agree to refund the shipping.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the biggest J Crew in NYC? Does it have pretty much everything in the catalog?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
How's the J Crew in NYC? Does it have pretty much everything in the catalog?
The J.Crew in NYC? There's like 7-8 in Manhattan with another one opening up in SoHo.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
The J.Crew in NYC?

There's like 7-8 in Manhattan with another one opening up in SoHo.

Sorry, that should be "the biggest" one.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one is "the biggest"? The one on Madison Ave, maybe? But then if you are just interested in men's you would probably want to visit the Tribeca liquor store. It certainly isn't the biggest but it will have things other shops won't.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
The same thing happened to me. I ordered what i thought was a light gray and instead got a charcoal color. The same item number links to two different colors and photos. It appears that the light gray doesn't actually exist, so if you place an order, expect to get the charcoal. I emailed J. Crew to see if they can sort it out...if the light gray doesn't exist and I can't exchange it, hopefully they will agree to refund the shipping.

I also called them and advised them that I would be returning the item if I get the charcoal after ordering the light gray. The rep assured me that I would get the light gray, but I am skeptical. I will know tomorrow when the order comes. Seems like everyone who ordered the "light dusk" got the charcoal color.

Has anyone actually got the light gray???

v3l

Reaction score
I think the store on 5th (around 17th?) is pretty good. The one in SoHo is severly lacking in my opinion.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by v3l
I think the store on 5th (around 17th?) is pretty good. The one in SoHo is severly lacking in my opinion.

yes, I would agree the store on 5th and 17th is quality. Rock center is nice too, but sometimes too overrun by tourists. SoHo, not so great. South St Seaport is tiny.

But no store will have the depth of the catalog/on-line. There seems to be no method to their madness, that I can figure out.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I also called them and advised them that I would be returning the item if I get the charcoal after ordering the light gray. The rep assured me that I would get the light gray, but I am skeptical. I will know tomorrow when the order comes. Seems like everyone who ordered the "light dusk" got the charcoal color.

Has anyone actually got the light gray???

I also called them up and they said it was a mistake on the site and the light gray should be the color I'd get if I ordered. But since I don't want the light gray I didn't order. I'll be interested to see which one you end up with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics