• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pulled the trigger on the crewneck sweater. anybody tried that out yet?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's an interesting situation: i got the officer chinos and after wearing them around the house a little, i found they're kind of long. now normally i'm always a 32x32 in pants, occasionally a 31x32. these look good, but the fit's a little off and it's been bugging me. turns out these could stand to be almost 2 inches shorter. i think it's because they're cut to sit lower on the hips. now the question is whether i should have them hemmed or change them for a 32x30.
IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New arrivals are up on the website now for spring. Alot of nice looking stuff, including a MF deck jacket, mackintosh jacket, and sperry chukkas.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
including a MF deck jacket
I had never looked closely at MF, but I was a little bit surprised by the $900 sticker on that one.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of decent looking basics but nothing special (other than their inflated prices on collabs)

Lysol

Reaction score
I need a voice of reason to remind me that while the pictures and price tags look tempting, all of this stuff is going to fit like garbage.
smile.gif

brimley

Reaction score
The "urban slim fit" looks tempting if the photos are representative. Looks like the hem is similar to the classic fit but they've hacked away the back rise and thighs a little. Hopefully "dusty grey" is better than last year's "harbor grey", which was basically blue under indoor light.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
I need a voice of reason to remind me that while the pictures and price tags look tempting, all of this stuff is going to fit like garbage.
smile.gif

Ha ha. Yeah, I've learned to factor in reality checks when looking at almost any model pix these days.

AND as a prime example, go to the J. Crew Sutherland Trench Coat ($225) and zoom in on the right sleeve in the main photo (model is turned facing off screen to his left). There in the crook of the arm, tell me what you see!

Wonder if I have to get the clip in black or if they could personalize it for me in a khaki?

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
AND as a prime example, go to the J. Crew Sutherland Trench Coat ($225) and zoom in on the right sleeve in the main photo (model is turned facing off screen to his left). There in the crook of the arm, tell me what you see!

Wonder if I have to get the clip in black or if they could personalize it for me in a khaki?

HA! Wow. That's blatant.

What I don't understand, is if they understand that that's what looks best, why don't they just cut it that way?

J. Crew cardigans have always fit me spot on and they're almost always on sale which is why I still have them on my radar. The past two years though, I'm always fooled by a "maybe it'll be different this time" and sure enough I always wind up returning a pair of pants or a sweatshirt or a jacket. Not this time!
biggrin.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of the trench, the grey one is up on the site now. Kind of meh now that there's a better picture of it.
trench.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wish they'd just shoot it "real." The clothes are still good enough that most of us will buy them anyway, and they'd reduce the number of returns.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Speaking of the trench, the grey one is up on the site now. Kind of meh now that there's a better picture of it.

images_eiec_86_86893_86893_GY6695_tif_65830b0bd89f182c.jpg

They way overprice their outerwear imo. The Sutherland is a good 100 bucks wrong, I think. It's not a freaking Burberry.

chiral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
I had never looked closely at MF, but I was a little bit surprised by the $900 sticker on that one.

Only 90 dollars over the self edge price, and when you factor in things like coupon codes and the student discount its actually not that bad of a price.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
They way overprice their outerwear imo. The Sutherland is a good 100 bucks wrong, I think. It's not a freaking Burberry.
The good Burberry coats start at a grand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads