1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Dec 29, 2008.

1. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

I'd like to post a fit picture of light weight urban slim fit chino 29*32

the hem is really really slim, only 7", thigh and hip are about right, if I go up one size, thigh and hip might be too loose. not sure if I want to keep and hem them or just return them.

the thigh area looks a little loose

is that area not slim either?

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

I'll think about it, ironically I'm a 12 too. How's the suede? I'm afraid of fucking it up in the rain or just being careless.

seems pretty nice. honestly, I just have a suede eraser that I use on all my suede

3. pokpok

pokpok Senior member

I picked up the cotton-linen camp shirt over the weekend in-store. It was reduced down to $49 plus 20% off. It's pretty nice with an almost chambray-esqe hand to it. It's at the tailors at the moment getting tapered and the sleeves slimmed down.

heh i just bought that too[​IMG]

4. Robert

Robert Senior member

I'd like to post a fit picture of light weight urban slim fit chino 29*32

[​IMG]

the hem is really really slim, only 7", thigh and hip are about right, if I go up one size, thigh and hip might be too loose. not sure if I want to keep and hem them or just return them.

Is that your regular size. They look too big in the thighs. I'd definitely hem them or return. A roll like that doesn't look good on pants like that.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Is that your regular size. They look too big in the thighs. I'd definitely hem them or return. A roll like that doesn't look good on pants like that.
    ^^^I agree, they look too loose.

6. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I just bought some navy hook and bar navy chino's and these things are awesome. They fit perfectly and are extremely soft and comfortable. I highly recommend them.

7. sccoopy

sccoopy Senior member

I am APC NS 28, I definitely cannot go down more because the waist is already tight and thigh area fit pretty slim. It is only around 1" larger than my thigh circumstance, don't know why the picture makes them look so loose.

Down from the knees they are really really slim. My calf are not big and they fit close to being tight, and that is the reason I am thinking to return them.

Do Jcrew chinos shrink and get slimmer after wash or do they stretch with wear?

8. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

irrc, they do shrink. I'm sure Robert will answer your question in 5 secs. [​IMG]

9. sccoopy

sccoopy Senior member

just want to share some size info (29*32) I got from Jcrew rep:

urban slim light weight: waist, hip, thigh, hem: 31.5 39.5 24.25 14
    urban slim broken in: 31.25, 39.25, 24, 14.75

so they fit pretty similar but broken in has larger hem and slightly slimmer thigh and hip, probably not noticeable.

10. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

^thnx

12" thigh to a 7.375" hem

thats a big thigh for that hem IMO

11. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Can't speak for the light-weight material, but the broken-in pair will shrink if you dry it in the dryer. Mine do, but then stretch out again.

12. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

^thnx

12" thigh to a 7.375" hem

thats a big thigh for that hem IMO

I had to tailor my pair in the ass and upper thigh.

13. sccoopy

sccoopy Senior member

that's what happened to my classic broken in chino.

I kinda hope the waist will stretch a little bit and hem does not shrink. I am 31 true waist and it is a little light. I have to say urban slim fit is a awkward fit, but I am still tempted to try a 29w urban slim broken in.

Can't speak for the light-weight material, but the broken-in pair will shrink if you dry it in the dryer. Mine do, but then stretch out again.