• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew prices are laughable

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Why do we keep putting up with this jackass

and **** you too

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
It's beautiful, but it's not particularly durable. The used ones that show up on ebay regularly look completely trashed.
Really? I usually see them as new, guess maybe I haven't looked in awhile. People can find them at the outlet stores apparently.

Originally Posted by dusty
Why do we keep putting up with this jackass
He's just frustrated over the fact that I still buy clothes there. Didn't you know you're supposed to evolve and wear only MMM/Jil/Raf/whatever is sold at South Willard?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I wish sw sold mm and js
frown.gif

HM > jcrew

repressedm

Reaction score
today i bought two j. crew chinos for full price (i think my first full-price j. crew purchase), with only a student discount to help me out. the broken-in-chinos were cheaper, but i really needed these nice-looking ones for my new job.

Clyde099

Reaction score
Does anyone know the employee discount?
I'm thinking about getting a part-time job in order to get the discount.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the photos of the Tribeca Mens store look awesome. and yea if you dont wanna pay shipping just order the item instore on their red hotline phone, they will ship it free of charge This oilcloth peacoat looks nice, I've never liked melton wool that most peacoats use. this looks like a good alternative

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is also an additional discount (at least the first time) if you have the J. Crew credit card; it's probably easier than working there just for the discount. On the other hand, it's not a bad place to work, apart from the looping music.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
the photos of the Tribeca Mens store look awesome.

and yea if you dont wanna pay shipping just order the item instore on their red hotline phone, they will ship it free of charge

This oilcloth peacoat looks nice, I've never liked melton wool that most peacoats use. this looks like a good alternative

Yea, i've heard the tribeca liquor loft is dope. Pretty much most styleforumers' dream. I definitely want to check it out when i get up to new york.

JO3B

Reaction score
i don't know if i'd call it a dream exactly.

den's current installation tops it for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads