• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Liquor Store

ADH

Reaction score
Anyone peeped the new J Crew Liquor store in Tribeca? Some of you might have seen it featured in Antenna recently. Kind of an extra fancy J Crew store that sells Red Wings and doesn't put anything on sale as far as I can tell. I was sucker enough to buy a $20 Postalco notebook though (I had been wanting it for awhile).

CorporateFresh

Reaction score
It is a great (branded) experience. I'm going to write a review on my experience, they hooked me up! The CEO of J.Crew is constantly visiting the store. Andy Spade did a great job designing.

I'll post my review on my blog and here.

ADH

Reaction score
Corporate, I'd like to hear more about how they "hooked you up", please. I didn't really have any money but I was in NY For the week and wanted to stop in and check it out.

mwilliamspr

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I am in there "constantly." I have been 4 or 5 times, and three of those times were for events / parties. Also, the store is right on my walk home from work. ha

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
yeah its a good shop, kind of small but a nice shop. most of the employees are pretty nice. they have some nice aldens, and they also carry barracuta jackets etc.

"all of the stuff a man would need" was what one of the sales guys said

i was like hmmm...

i do really like the levis 501s they have their but for 265? yikes

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they really have nothing on sale there? The 15% student discount still applies, though, no?

JFKJean

Reaction score
It's certainly a cool store, although a little tight in space but cool nonetheless. You gotta love the more intimate setting and that they guys there are not only willing to actually help you but you also get the idea that they certainly know what they're talking about

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
No.

crazy.gif

JO3B

Reaction score
the assumptions that things aren't on sale is false.

they don't seem to tag the prices however.

things there are definetly on sale.

CorporateFresh

Reaction score
@ADH I went there during the sale right before XMas. They weren't supposed to honor the sale that was going on at other J.Crew stores and online because of their limited quantity of merch but the manager said 'what the heck' and let me get the discount anyway. I'll be going their again soon. Good staff.

They also told me to check the Billy Reid shop, as Soho/Tribeca does not have many 'mens' shops and they want to see more variety in the area.

@mwilliamspr lol Didn't want to have it seem that you were 'stalking' the store, but that you liked the shop.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome and I like how they have the higher-end merch and suits in the store. They should do something like that in every major city, but themed more to those particular locations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads