• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew going live in Toronto on 8/15/2011...........

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will the menswear section be live as well? From what I read in the local papers it's just women's wear for now until they can find space for the men's store.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
live? meaning specifically what?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will the menswear section be live as well? From what I read in the local papers it's just women's wear for now until they can find space for the men's store.

not sure about that, although it's only a matter of time before that happens as well. I didn't know there was an issue with men's.....I assumed a full-fledged store would be opening. I'll update if I hear anything else.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing Yorkdale and then Bloor once they find an acceptable storefront.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing Yorkdale and then Bloor once they find an acceptable storefront.

Their Yorkdale store is quite substantial (though nothing compared to the US stores).
I shudder at imagining the cost of finding something of the required size on Bloor. Maybe they should buy out the Winners there. Not like anybody would miss it...

Last edited:

steezy

Reaction score

not sure about that, although it's only a matter of time before that happens as well. I didn't know there was an issue with men's.....I assumed a full-fledged store would be opening. I'll update if I hear anything else.

Bill Smith is right. I read the same thing in the newspaper. They are only stocking women's clothing.

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Their Yorkdale store is quite substantial (though nothing compared to the US stores).
I shudder at imagining the cost of finding something of the required size on Bloor. Maybe they should buy out the Winners there. Not like anybody would miss it...

This is true. They could always take up some of the retail space once 1 Bloor is built.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bill Smith is right. I read the same thing in the newspaper. They are only stocking women's clothing.

hmmmmmmm.........interesting strategy. I'm sure men's will soon follow once they get their feet wet.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one can tell us what 'going live' means?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

catchh

Reaction score
I asked the lady in a J.Crew store why they weren't putting a mens section in, she told me they are testing it out and want to see how well it does and if it does good they will most likely open a men's store separately. But this is what one girl said that worked there, who knows if its 100% accurate.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads