1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Matto ELITE

Matto ELITE Senior member

I bought a ton of stuff their last fall/winter during 30% off

As mentioned, give it til Black Friday and they'll fall

2. Coopa

Coopa Senior member

They definitely did a 30% sitewide before xmas last year- I remember because i got my Alden indy boots at 30% discount due to a mistake on the site:)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  3. ASkin ANight

ASkin ANight Member

Thanks guys. The only question now is whether to jump on a 20% off one when it shows up, or to wait and hope for a 30% off. Hmm.

4. ASkin ANight

ASkin ANight Member

Also, can anyone comment on the Classic Leather Plaque Belt? GQ has been pushing them like crazy, but 1" wide seems kind of narrow, and I've heard varying comments on their quality. I could really use a simple, versatile belt, though.

5. hastur

hastur Senior member

Nothing really new this season, everything's pretty boring imo. Last season and was a lot better, tons of new collabs, not so much this year though. Not sure what's going on over there.

6. lifted

lifted Well-Known Member

does jcrew re-release any of there footwear?

i'm in need of the redwing wabashas that released awhile ago

7. Stewbone

Stewbone Senior member

I own it. The size/versatility is spot on and I wear it daily in a business casual dress setting. The issue, is that its more for show than practicality. The buckle holds the belt in place with a lever that pushes on the belt (It tends to slip if the belt is too tight). Therefore as long as you don't need a tight belt - your be fine. Additionally it makes a lot of jingles when its unbuckled - which isn't that big of a deal.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  8. alexster

alexster Member

9. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

1" is not my thing, I personally prefer 1.25-1.5", but I don't think I have ever look at someone and said: "You know, his belt is too narrow."

10. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

11. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

I bought one of the Ludlow suits and the Wallace and Barnes denim Workshirt (I love the color). Got em at a discount so I ain't complaining, plus I had some rewards points. Will update on OTR fit, etc when it gets here.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  12. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

13. drjsl22

drjsl22 Active Member

Does anyone know what this "250-year-old mill in England that counts the Royal Family and Regiment among its loyal followers" that J.Crew talks about in every one of their tie descriptions? I am having no luck finding anything about this mill online.

14. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

I think last F/W winter selection was much better! The navy fair isle last year was really nice and had some great colors, this year's fair isles are kinda boring. The Wallace and Barnes flannels last year were much better as well. The colors are too bright for F/W this year.

15. terns

terns New Member

is it moon or fox brothers?

16. thonez

thonez Senior member

Yeah the new heavyweight flannels are a huge disappointment. I'm glad I picked some up last year.

17. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

It is in fact Moon, if you're talking about the wool blends. At least that's the case with the tweed sportcoats where they make the same type of reference.

18. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

Went in store today to look at the new items and try some stuff on. I am really disappointed with J. Crew. Their shirts are so inconsistent with fit and the store didn't have any of the sizes in the specific items I was looking at. I am hesitant to buy online cause of the fit inconsistencies and seeing that I live an hour away from the store its not easy for me to get there for returns. They probably hate seeing me when I go in cause I try on a bunch of things but don't buy anything. I wish they would carry some of the Wallace and Barnes collection in store.

19. hastur

hastur Senior member

20. thonez

thonez Senior member