1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

I have this in the single vent. It is great! If fit almost perfectly off the rack. I ordered the pants a little long so I could get them altered to the exact length I wanted. I took up the jacket sleeves a little out of personal preference, just because I like to show some cuff. But other than that--perfect.

Fit is spot on, it's trim and slim fitting, and material and construction is high-quality.

2. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Does anyone have a spare 10% off + free shipping coupon? [​IMG]

3. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

went worsted instead but the fit was spot on...like you the pants will need to be shortened but thats it.

4. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

anyone know when the next online sale will be?

5. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

Dec 10, 2013, is my conjecture, beau.

6. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

-So I screwed up :p

7. Notverystylish

Notverystylish Active Member

Has anyone tried on the Japanese Cotton Twill sportcoat yet? How's the material and the fit?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  8. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

I have it, the material is nice enough. The fit is boxy, I'm going to have to get it tailored up a bit.

9. Notverystylish

ah, so it doesn't fit like the rest of the ludlow blazers?

10. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

It doesn't fit as well as one you can order by numbered size, ie: 42r, etc. These come in S, M, L and I got a L, shoulders and chest are good but waste is billowy on me.

11. Notverystylish

I just tried it on yesterday. Same story as you dirtyGurty. Waist isn't slim enough. I also didn't like the pinstripe fabric. I thought it was going to be a solid navy, but there's faint lines going down the jacket. Did not cop.

12. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Senior member

Any reviews on that JCrew Factory Thompson suit in Wool (Navy)? $222 seems not bad for the jacket and pants.

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

Lots of people over at dappered.com seem to like it. I don't know. I think you're better off saving up for the real thing, i.e., the J. Crew Ludlow. The fit always looks a bit off to me with the factory suit, especially the pants.

14. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

With all due respect, I wouldn't go with a lot of the Dappered crowd on anything. It's reverse of some of the SF crowd. I mean they did some store wars thing and J Crew Factory store beat out Amazon.

15. mjk2031

mjk2031 Member

Wearing it right now. I had to get it tailored up quite a bit, and it is still not as slim as I had hoped. Material is nice and I actually like the stripes, makes it a little different than your standard blue blazer.

16. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Has anyone tried on both the thinsulate and non-thinsulate version of the Bayswater pea coat? Is the NON-thinsulate thinner/less puffy and/or lighter?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  17. Robert

Robert Senior member

Agree! That was kind of my point. Some of their information is.... interesting. I tried on some JCP stuff after some recommendations there, and I have to say, the JCP stafford dress shirts are okay, especially in slim fit, and especially if you can get them under $20. But yes, the aesthettic is different there, for sure. They don't seem to like white jeans, for example. LOL.

On another point: 30 percent off final sale in the store today! For around $20, I picked up that OCBD-like navy shirt from this past/fall winter. Can't find a picture right now, but it's the one with thinner material and a button pocket and brown buttons. Very nice shirt, especially at this price.

18. Robert

Robert Senior member

I finally did a-get that cardigan. Took a winter 30-percent off final sale but I did it.

19. Robert

Robert Senior member

Did anybody get the F/W12 barn jacket? If so, how do you like it?

20. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Also Looking for a barn jacket review as its currently $99 plus 30% off.