Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Too hot right now, my man. I'm not a fan of taking pictures via the mirror on a cell phone as well. Will post pictures when I actually wear it.

2. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

3. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

That doesn't bother me so much as I'm into heritage type pieces like chunky donegal shawls and such, but it's the quality for the price. I got a couple of nice fairisle sweaters from J Crew last season, but apart from that there was little else of interest.

4. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

I saw the pindot shirt in store today. The color and material are really fine. However, the price tag said $138, which didn't make it seem worthwhile. It's part of the "exclusive" Wallace and Barnes line. I'm going to wait for it to go on sale, but am unsure of it'll make it that far. Definitely one of the better, but overpriced, items of the fall line.

I also thought the homespun henley knits for $72 were nice. Thinking of picking one of those up. The fit was great.

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I got the 484 line denim in the mail today. They are slim, which is great! When it comes to J. Crew trousers and jeans, they were always too loose for me regardless of the cut. The 484 line seems to fix that issue. I got a pair in size 31, and I would say the thighs and legs are more tapered than my APC NS in size 30.

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

How is the overall quality of a JCrew 484 as opposed to something SF-approved at a similar pricepoint? Can it match 3Sixteen, Rogue Territory, etc?

7. NoahRose

NoahRose Well-Known Member

I got the Waxed Cotton Field Jacket in medium tall and boy is it huge! It's really heavy too. I like the material but unfortunately it doesn't fit me so I'm going to send it back.

8. sazon

sazon Senior member

all of the j crew denim is now made in China. Made me swear off J Crew denim.

9. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

dropped the prices on all j crew items in my listing. message me if interested, thanks!

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

There's no way that it would compare to those premium brands, man. I bought it because I like the wash, and I couldn't find any other brands in a similar wash for under $200. I'm not a big denim junkie so I can't see myself shelling out that much for it. The jean was $98 and I used my student discount. Quality is mediocre at best. I would say it's a bit less superior than Naked & Famous. But for under $100 taxed, I'm not complaining :)

11. BlueWord

BlueWord Well-Known Member

I tried these on once; I was a little curious because of the high price point ($225, I think?) and the way they've been pushing the cut. Really, really did not like the cut, and the quality definitely wasn't there, at least not in the raw selvedge jean. I was expecting a cut somewhere along the line of APC NS, and it was much bigger through the thighs and topblock, even sized down, and tapered oddly. On my build, at least, it wasn't particularly flattering.

12. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

The J.Crew website states the following under shipping to Canada: "We ship via UPS Standard service directly to your door. You will receive your order in four to seven business days from the date your order was placed. Taxes will be included in your order total. No additional duties will be applied at checkout or upon delivery."

Namely that there won't be any additional duties...but the first quote scares me. Anyone have experience ordering from Canada. I know UPS is usually avoided at all costs.

13. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

They fit exactly like my APC PS in the same size. Very great cut imo.

14. NickyEyes

NickyEyes Well-Known Member

Anybody know if their sales are standardized yearly? I'm looking to purchase a suit, but I'd prefer to wait for a 20-25% off sale first. Maybe towards the end of fall perhaps?

15. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

My guess would be we'll have to wait for Black Friday to see any percent off of non-sale items.