J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if there was an online coupon for the J Crew at Woodbury outlets in NY? I guess I was hoping there was something similar to the Ralph Lauren survey (you spend 30 seconds completing) which gives you 15% off. Anyone have an idea?

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I wanted a tweed waist coat for fall/winter, but didn't want to spend too much. I ended up buying this one. I wore it for the first time today, got tons of compliments. The only thing I dislike is the 4 pocket stance, which is kinda overkill...but no biggie. Kinda surprised most sizes are gone though...never really saw anything sell out until the sales hit.
    http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/t...~0~15~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~vest/30945.jsp

My outfit: http://wisith.tumblr.com/post/34335355913/only-thing-missing-is-a-newsboy-hat-oh-how-i

3. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

What size do you wear? looks really good

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm usually a small across the brands. 37" chest, 5'9'' at 155 lbs. Thanks.

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

I seem to have hit on medium as my J. Crew size in almost everything. I have seen a little variation in fit in terms of slimmer, fuller, etc., but overall, I find the medium works consistently for me.

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

Not my experience at all. I have one of the slim-fit shirts in medium and I would say it is close to perfect. There is much less material, especially in the waist. Not as perfect as tailored but very close.

I have muscle, by the way, but I think that just helps with the fit even more.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

7. chrisbkreme

chrisbkreme Senior member

How do these fit? True to size? Or super big like the McAllister boots JCrew sells?

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

^ Nice! I am not familar with those, however. Have never tried any on.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

9. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Is J crew clothing vanity sized like how club monaco is? I have 2 shirts from J crew both in small, they fit perfect in the neck and shoulders but the w=mid section is not fitted. I tried on the peacoat and XS fits me on the spot. So it got me wondering if their outwear is just vanity sized or everything in general?

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Went into a JCrew for the fist time this season today. Extremely underwhelmed w/ shirting - feel like last year's was far superior in terms of pattern. The oxford shirts were a bit longer than last year (big plus) but all of the patters were so :plain: that I couldn't bring myself to buy anything. Hopefully holiday will spice things up a bit (assuming they're wrapping up fall right now...)

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Score! Found a navy Ludlow fit sport coat, two-button, double-vent tail in exactly my size on clearance -- 120 clams. Could have been cheaper if my gf had been with me and could have used her student discount for another 15 percent off. But I was afraid it would be gone by the time we got back.

I love finding stuff like that. This coat is great. Nice and trim without being extreme, nice lapel size (not too narrow, not too wide), all cotton so cleaning isn't a concern, a few nice details like the inside pockets. I'll be wearing this one a lot.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

12. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i'd say 1/2 a size to a full size larger. my foot was swimming in both a 8.5 and a 9, and i'm a 9 for most shoes.

13. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

any one know when the new balance colors are coming out?

14. jslade

jslade Senior member

J. Crew has some nice ties this season. I'm really liking their fair isle tie. I could have sworn that I saw it in their store in a different colorway than the one on their website.

[​IMG]