• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

OneBeLo

Reaction score
It seems like this year there were more options when it came to heavy wool trousers than in the past. If stock sizes hold up well for winter clearance, I think a lot of good stuff will be had.

Stewbone

Reaction score
Does anyone know how similar Ludlow Suit Pants fit to urban slim fit pants? I am worried the suit pants might have a fuller cut to them.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, finally had a look at new J. Crew Men's Shop in the Eaton Centre after my morning professional development seminar. Quite a nice store, in terms of pricing, it's the same as Canadian portion of the J. Crew website. I wound up picking up a pair of dark worn jeans in the slim straight fit, wearing them now after I came home and they fit perfectly. I might go back for some 5- pocket cords which I thought were catalogue only.

I'm still a little miffed that Alden is not sold in the Toronto store but from what the sales associate told me, it was Alden, not J. Crew behind that.

Last edited:

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Anyone have any experience with their Victura jacket? Wondering if full retail's a bit much for what I'm getting.
rQpop.jpg

Picked this up today at the clearance store for $60. Fit is spot on in a medium. Nice and trim fitting, very comfortable. Much better price than the current $148 online price.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Passed by the J crew store and employees are staring at the ceiling. Go Canada... :fu:

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that when you go in there, you're not instantly ambushed like you are at Club Monaco.

Was hoping to try on this coat, but it seems as if some items are not being sold in that location. Anyone know if they plan on expanding the men's section?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Interesting how the stores are tiered in terms of size of store and scope of inventory. The Biltmore Village-area Asheville retail store has a good selection and it's getting better year by year, it seems, but I recently visited the downtown Charleston store and was blown away by the selection.

Asheville is probably as robust a retail area as Charleston, and yet we're given sort or a medium-tier store.

aperson

Reaction score
Their slim shirts aren't really much slimmer than their regular fit. OK in casual untucked styles, requires tailoring otherwise. Sizing down might help, but the shoulders might get tight if you've got any muscle.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Are you sure you're trying your correct size? Don't go by the J. Crew sizing chart. It is biased toward the large, in other words, you might have to size down to get a better fit. If I follow the J. Crew measurements, I'm a large but a large will fit me like a sack. A medium is almost spot on.
Agreed-although the mediums tend to vary in shirt and sweater sizing, and that's not to mention the fit of the Wallace & Barnes stuff (which varies from last year, from my perspective), or the coats and jackets, which are all over the map. Too bad, because their designs are awesome and, most of the time, are relatively affordable. But I never get too excited about ordering something from the catalogue until I have had a chance to try it on at home. Which might just be a rule for ordering anything off the Inter-Webs.

sk317

Reaction score
Still waiting on an outerwear sale...comon Jcrew...

itsmarcnotmark

Reaction score
This might have been answered, but I forgot. Can you stack your student discount with the black friday sale?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads