• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I may be in the minority here, but I vastly dislike their sweaters. I find the fit overly blousy and lengths/collar widths really strange. I had one of their lambswool sweaters - I mean, it seemed nice, based on my inexperienced hand (I have no idea how one would even gauge the relative quality of lambswool), but the fit threw me off.

Are you sure you're trying your correct size? Don't go by the J. Crew sizing chart. It is biased toward the large, in other words, you might have to size down to get a better fit. If I follow the J. Crew measurements, I'm a large but a large will fit me like a sack. A medium is almost spot on.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you sure you're trying your correct size? Don't go by the J. Crew sizing chart. It is biased toward the large, in other words, you might have to size down to get a better fit. If I follow the J. Crew measurements, I'm a large but a large will fit me like a sack. A medium is almost spot on.

I agree w/ this. In most SF brands I'll be between L - XL, but JCrew Medium is where things fit.

tomee

Reaction score
do the urban slim chino's shrink after a wash?
reason i ask is that i bought them thinking they were TTS but i find them abit big

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Agree with Rambo on the JCrew sales. Have not seen that much I want lately.

I might have to sig the fact that you finally agreed with me on something.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

reason i ask is that i bought them thinking they were TTS but i find them abit big

jcrew chinos and most jeans are vanity sized. my 32 measures almost a 34 in waist.

it does shrink a little if u put it in the dryer, but it all depends how much bigger is ur chino.

SenorChang

Reaction score

Yes, they should definitely shrink up after laundering, assuming you tumble dry them.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jcrew chinos and most jeans are vanity sized. my 32 measures almost a 34 in waist.
it does shrink a little if u put it in the dryer, but it all depends how much bigger is ur chino.

+1 on that. just a small amount of shrinkage from the dryer.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I might have to sig the fact that you finally agreed with me on something.

It does need to be immortalized. :nodding:

jaac

Reaction score
anyone know when the navy polkadot shirt is droppin?

zxu426

Reaction score
Wallace and Barnes? It appeared in the sale section some time ago.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know if that heavy gauge shawl collard sweater/cardigan is for sale? I can't find it on the website.

SenorChang

Reaction score
Last edited:

pnewelljr

Reaction score
What size are you looking for? I bought it in two sizes and still have my extra one, haven't returned it yet. I could sell you the one I have instead of returning it if you want it?

jaac

Reaction score
Damn, well if anyone see's a small instore im down to pay for a proxy.

Coopa

Reaction score
Damn, well if anyone see's a small instore im down to pay for a proxy.

You can call/live chat to see if they can locate the shirt at a store. If they find one they'll ship it to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads