• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Crew Fall/Winter 2011 Discussion

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thoughts on Jcrew cotton/cashmere blend sweaters? i found an outdated thread, but don't feel like resurrecting it.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are ok. For a mostly all cotton sweater I think they are pretty soft and look ok. They hold their shape just ok in my experience but I like, and still wear, the grey v-neck I bought a little over a year ago.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOVEFALL works for 25% off + free shipping on orders over $150

JosiahS

Reaction score
About to get the stanton urban slims but need to know how much they shrink in the wash/dry. If any1 can shoot me a quick reply, it would be appreciated. :)

aphextwin07

Reaction score

thoughts on Jcrew cotton/cashmere blend sweaters? i found an outdated thread, but don't feel like resurrecting it.

they make a good lightweight layering piece, easy to care for and hold up well. but they're cut really short... and sizing up equates to a wider torso and no additional length. I would avoid unless you're relatively short (ie 5"6 or shorter)

Last edited:

MartinLil

Reaction score

About to get the stanton urban slims but need to know how much they shrink in the wash/dry. If any1 can shoot me a quick reply, it would be appreciated. :)

They shrink very little. I've never measured, but I buy my normal chino size and they never shrink a noticeable amount for me. Go with your normal j crew pant size.

bapelolol

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a bigger sale will come before Christmas? Right now it's 25% off reg priced items on a $150+ order.

JosiahS

Reaction score

They shrink very little. I've never measured, but I buy my normal chino size and they never shrink a noticeable amount for me. Go with your normal j crew pant size.

Thanks.

they make a good lightweight layering piece, easy to care for and hold up well. but they're cut really short... and sizing up equates to a wider torso and no additional length. I would avoid unless you're relatively short (ie 5"6 or shorter)

I'd agree with that. You can probably get away with it at 5'7 but it'll look a little off unless you layer over it.

Stewbone

Reaction score

Does anyone know if a bigger sale will come before Christmas? Right now it's 25% off reg priced items on a $150+ order.

Doubt it. 150 min, 25% off is probably the largest sale of the year, combination wise (for non marked down pieces). Most J crew sales are 20% off 175, or 200+

Nabbed those Flannel-lined Tompkins pant today, anyone have them already?

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
There's no J Crew thread in MC. How're their suits? I need a true navy suit, and 25% makes their Ludlow a pretty good deal. Anyone know if it's true navy in person?

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked into a brick-and-mortar J. Crew store today and ordered a Ludlow worsted wool suit in charcoal through the red phone.

Lady on the phone gave me the 25% LOVEFALL discount, let me apply my 15% student discount, and gave me free overnight shipping on top of it all.

Here's to hoping that it'll fit! :slayer:

Last edited:

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I went with the Ludlow slim suit pant in the worsted wool.

Has anybody had any experience with the slim cut versus the regular Ludlow trouser cut?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Slim point-collar dress shirt in medium gingham

I'm 6'0 and 150 lbs. What size? Also any feedback on the shirt itself.

Honestly, don't bother. I'm 6' 165, and I "take" a medium. Fits well in the chest, much too big by the waist. The sleeves and overall shirt length are also always just a tad short. I'm disappointed every time I buy a shirt from here... I'll learn eventually. Being a dress shirt though, the overall length may be long enough to make it work, just don't be tricked into thinking it's going to be a slim fit. Hope that helps without being too disparaging :confused:

Philip

Reaction score

There's no J Crew thread in MC. How're their suits? I need a true navy suit, and 25% makes their Ludlow a pretty good deal. Anyone know if it's true navy in person?

Depends on your body type. If you're tall and have an athletic build it'll fit pretty well. Beware of the pants though, they fit nothing like the photos unless you buy a pair that explicitly states 'ludlow slim'. Sleeves run long too but buying short worked out for me. Would I ever buy another j crew suit? Definitely not. Overpriced, I'd rather buy a mtm thick as thieves suit and save 100 dollars.

As for the. Colour which ludlow suit do you want?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads