1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J. Crew Fall/Winter 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rdstour, Aug 18, 2011.

1. gasoline

gasoline Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. poena

poena Well-Known Member

damn it. and i was about to order the chippewa boots today too!

3. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Thanks, might kop if it ever goes on sale.

Dammit I tried to use it in August and they said no. Guess the SA had no clue what she was talking about.

4. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

5. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

picked up the broken-in chinos in honey brown today. if anyone wants the grey version, their webstore has them on sale for $40!

also, added some new items and discounted the old stuff in my B&S if anyone is interested.

6. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

I was at the premium outlet last friday hoping to get a bayswater peacoat with thinsulate but they didn`t have it. I did find the alpaca shawl cardigan for $88 with additional 30% off and I was gonna use my student discount. I was bummed out about the peacoat so I guess I`ll come back later this month to pick up the sweater :|

7. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

I picked up a pair of their cords in vintage merlot recently. The quality is terrible - the material is some of the thinnest cord I've ever seen, which along with the uninspiring cut, means it has this kind of limp, lifeless hang to it. I'm changing my mind on JCrew. Some their stuff just isn't worth it even on sale.

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Yeah, saw that increase last weekend. I'm growing more and more prone to agree with TFK.

9. chiamdream

chiamdream Well-Known Member

I like this. What's the deal with Mr. Porter? Can't find any trace of this on the J.Crew website.

[​IMG]

10. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Not bad, but at that price for J. Crew? As for not being on the website their search hasn't been working well lately since I got send a link for a shirt and it works when I click on it, but when I search for it, it does not show up.

11. mr.orange

mr.orange Well-Known Member

thoughts on Jcrew cotton/cashmere blend sweaters? i found an outdated thread, but don't feel like resurrecting it.

12. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

they are ok. For a mostly all cotton sweater I think they are pretty soft and look ok. They hold their shape just ok in my experience but I like, and still wear, the grey v-neck I bought a little over a year ago.

13. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

LOVEFALL works for 25% off + free shipping on orders over $150

14. JosiahS

JosiahS Well-Known Member

About to get the stanton urban slims but need to know how much they shrink in the wash/dry. If any1 can shoot me a quick reply, it would be appreciated. :)

15. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Well-Known Member

they make a good lightweight layering piece, easy to care for and hold up well. but they're cut really short... and sizing up equates to a wider torso and no additional length. I would avoid unless you're relatively short (ie 5"6 or shorter)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  16. MartinLil

MartinLil Well-Known Member

They shrink very little. I've never measured, but I buy my normal chino size and they never shrink a noticeable amount for me. Go with your normal j crew pant size.

17. bapelolol

bapelolol Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if a bigger sale will come before Christmas? Right now it's 25% off reg priced items on a $150+ order.

1 person likes this.
  18. JosiahS

JosiahS Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I'd agree with that. You can probably get away with it at 5'7 but it'll look a little off unless you layer over it.

19. Stewbone

Stewbone Well-Known Member

Doubt it. 150 min, 25% off is probably the largest sale of the year, combination wise (for non marked down pieces). Most J crew sales are 20% off 175, or 200+

Nabbed those Flannel-lined Tompkins pant today, anyone have them already?

20. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Well-Known Member

There's no J Crew thread in MC. How're their suits? I need a true navy suit, and 25% makes their Ludlow a pretty good deal. Anyone know if it's true navy in person?