• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Crew Fall/Winter 2011 Discussion

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

has anyone check out J Crew's new line Wallace & Barnes? Are they displayed/avaliable in store?

Saw a small display in Short Hills, NJ. I imagine the stand alone men's stores have a much bigger selection. The flannels were nice and thick, but still $98 for made in China.
The denim looks interesting (made in USA).

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saw a small display in Short Hills, NJ. I imagine the stand alone men's stores have a much bigger selection. The flannels were nice and thick, but still $98 for made in China.
The denim looks interesting (made in USA).

Oh man, I wouldn't be suprised to see hose flannels to be MIC, but one of them is pretty interesting and I will probabely cop if they go on sale for like $60

The denim looks good on the site, but I'll drop by Boston's men's shop next week and check it out, but in any event, I might still just go with the RRL, $248, even with my student discount is kinda expensive consider its JC.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Deez Amazon or local shoe store and grab some suede cleaner. I got Kiwi and I think there are some better brands but I don't clean my suedes enough to warrant further investigating. The 484's: do a cold or warm soak with light detergent (non-bleach non-fabric softener kind) if they're that dirty, Hand Wash. Line Dry.

Best advice I could give others might have better or fix mine lol.

thanks for the tip!

xander_horst

Reaction score
If anyone has any coupons lying around they're not using, I'll gladly take them. Kinda thought they'd have a new discount tonite, but the new one only counts for ladies.

subdivide

Reaction score
Has anyone seen one of the Wallace & Barnes Makin Island chino shirts in store? Just wondering if there are some extra details - contrast inside front placket? Gussets at the hip?

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am loving these Wallace & Barnes flannels:

Anyone tried em on or own one of em? Curious on qualit/fit/sizing.

Anyone selling? :D

I am liking this one also

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score
The quality are nice on the W & B flannels.

As for size, I tend to teeter between XS / S with J. Crew. I fit into the XS in these shirts.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those of you who always got the 20% off coupons in the catalogs.....are you still getting them? I used to get them every catalog but the last two have been empty. Just wondering if it's everyone or just me.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the wallace and barnes service belt in the mail today. the buckle is kick ass. the style of the belt is really nice, but for $88 the belt doesn't feel thick enough or sturdy enough. I expected a little more for $88. If this gets down to the $30-40 range maybe I'll bring it back.

runs TTS in case anyone is interested.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got the wallace and barnes service belt in the mail today. the buckle is kick ass. the style of the belt is really nice, but for $88 the belt doesn't feel thick enough or sturdy enough. I expected a little more for $88. If this gets down to the $30-40 range maybe I'll bring it back.

runs TTS in case anyone is interested.

thanks for the info i was thinking about the quality on those belt cuz they look good to me. But just like u said, $88 is what's holding me back.

I also asked a online SA about the wallace and barnes' new dark denim, since its made in the USA with a 14oz denim. they told me that the fit was in between the 484 and vintage slim fit, which I like, cuz vintage slim fit is a little loose for my liking but 484 is too tight. But again, priced at $248, I'd go with RRL.

Last edited:

Tristan.sf

Reaction score
I was wondering about this as well; I have only ever received a 20% coupon once, and it was a very long time ago. And it was expired by the time it arrived.
those of you who always got the 20% off coupons in the catalogs.....are you still getting them? I used to get them every catalog but the last two have been empty. Just wondering if it's everyone or just me.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone actually tried the W&B denim? how does it compare to j.crew 484 slims?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads