• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

zwyckoff

Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased a J Crew Regent Peacoat with the Fox Brothers wool.. in large. I am thinking it might be too big for me and they are all sold out of mediums.

Looking to find someone that just bought a medium looking for a large. Send me a PM if you want to sell yours or trade for my large.

-Z

bombers

Reaction score
Why would you buy something that you know won't fit you? lol

zwyckoff

Reaction score
Because it might run small and its a really nice jacket and I can just return it if the size doesnt fit.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by loreley
Sorry if this has been covered, but if anyone has one of jcrews "Slim fit" collared shirts in XS, can you take a measurement of pit to pit, shoulder, and neck to hem? THANKS!~
rswuc6.jpg

Hermitedge

Reaction score
Are the bowery cords in the urban cut worth it?

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
First one. I plan on copping the second one!

Actually just got those in the mail, today...ordered them when the 30% off first went alive, along with the blue Alpaca crewneck.

Very warm and a great fit...still a bit droopy in the rear, but I have this problem with pretty much all pants. Would recommend.

Newstyle

Reaction score
^ Nothing new or exciting in there.
I've been trying to find the first fair isle J. Crew released this year and I was looking on Ebay and this guy wants $175! Are you crazy!! It retailed for $98.

By the way if anyone is looking to get rid of one I'm looking for a small.

http://cgi.ebay.com/J-CREW-Fine-Lamb...item870b76524d

racknac

Reaction score
slimmer... but not worth it in my opinion, better to get a suit from TaT.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Originally Posted by toade
No one has mentioned it yet, so just so everyone is aware... Jcrew is currently running 25% off when you spend $150 or more, and 30% off when you spend $250+. Free shipping and promotion also applies to sale items.

This is instore too but I think only through the weekend. I took advantage of this on the sale section today. I was hoping to grip a pair of the flannel lined Tompkin pants too but no dice, "collectors item".

adambz

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what sweater is shown under the university coat on page 123 of the new catalog? I swear I've seen it on the website before, but I can't find it now.

EDIT: Of course, I just found it. I think it's the wool-cashmere jersey mockneck sweater.

MinnesotaNice

Reaction score
I got 30% the flannel tompkin pants online with the current code

Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
This is instore too but I think only through the weekend. I took advantage of this on the sale section today. I was hoping to grip a pair of the flannel lined Tompkin pants too but no dice, "collectors item".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads