J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

anyone check out the herringbone vest?
    [​IMG]
    brooks has a sick one that is a bit pricey, but this might do in a pinch.

I have an older herringbone vest from them and it was surprisingly nice. Mine looks a bit slubbier than the one pictured though, you should see if you can see it in person. My favorite part about mine is the slubbiness, it looks really good with a blue oxford, dark slubby jeans and a dark tie.

2. Verbal

Verbal Member

Seeing as it is one of the first posts of this thread, I am surprised to have searched and not seen more discussion of the Fair Isle sweater. Are those who bought it happy with it? As another poster got at 10 pages back, is it likely to eventually go on sale?

A separate question for those with the Suede MacAlister boots: is the suede quality enough to deal with rain or not so much? In general, are you happy with them or might I look at the very similar Clarks desert boot?

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Some photos of the RW Wabasha chukka boot.

Mini lug sole takes down the clunkiness factor. Fit is half size large.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

I stopped in the Bridgewater Commons store today and picked up the salt-soaked 501s on sale for $19.99. Really couldn't beat it for that price considering they are still online for $138.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/d...4695/24695.jsp

I got two pairs today at the same price. You can't beat this. These are a steal at Gap sale prices. The jeans are actually really, really nice and fit perfectly.. I love this wash as well.

5. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

I got two pairs today at the same price. You can't beat this. These are a steal at Gap sale prices. The jeans are actually really, really nice and fit perfectly.. I love this wash as well.

Where are you guys getting them for $20? In store?

6. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

Some photos of the RW Wabasha chukka boot.

Mini lug sole takes down the clunkiness factor. Fit is half size large.

These look great.

7. ceekay

ceekay Active Member

anyone check out the herringbone vest?
    [​IMG]
    brooks has a sick one that is a bit pricey, but this might do in a pinch.

have it.. actually wore it this morning... except i got it for about $20 [​IMG]

i love it.. seems a little short even though im usually too small for their clothes.. i do love it though its a great heavy quality tweed..

8. iotan

iotan Senior member

Seeing as it is one of the first posts of this thread, I am surprised to have searched and not seen more discussion of the Fair Isle sweater. Are those who bought it happy with it? As another poster got at 10 pages back, is it likely to eventually go on sale?

I have the fair isle sweater but am considering returning it. I lie the pattern and coloring very much but neck seems to funnel up my neck slightly in a manner that I am not a big fan of. Otherwise I would like it very much.

9. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

These look great.

+1. i slept on the chukka version and it went on a pretty good sale[​IMG] may pick these up...

10. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Where are you guys getting them for $20? In store?
    Yeah. In store. I don't know what stores have these or what's available. You need to call around to see if they have them. I'm not sure they'll know what these are as they weren't widely available. A couple of things that are weird with these...Hem is not chainstitched and the back pockets are bar tacked. I'm replacing my $30 beater 501's with these so I couldn't be happier with them!! Here's the item number if anyone is interested... Levi's 501 salt-soaked selvedge jean $138.00 item 24695

11. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

A separate question for those with the Suede MacAlister boots: is the suede quality enough to deal with rain or not so much? In general, are you happy with them or might I look at the very similar Clarks desert boot?

The suede is definitely not rain worthy. I can't speak for clarks.

12. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I have Clarks in suede and they're not made for rain or snow! The MacAllister would be the same. I just ordered Polo Ranger Boots in grey for the snow and winter [​IMG].

13. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

+1. i slept on the chukka version and it went on a pretty good sale[​IMG] may pick these up...

I've wanted to pick them up with the free shipping the last two 30% off final sale things but I can never get my total above 150 after code [​IMG]

14. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

The suede is definitely not rain worthy. I can't speak for clarks.

So buy a spray water protectant.

15. vvoc

vvoc Senior member

you will literally be slipping all over the place with the crepe sole on clarks and desert boots...at least i have in rain...not even a suede problem as much of a traction problem.