• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

bye4now122

Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
anyone check out the herringbone vest?
images_onFigure_30_30945_30945_WA0950_m_tif_6ff20b1feb6a1840.jpg

brooks has a sick one that is a bit pricey, but this might do in a pinch.

I have an older herringbone vest from them and it was surprisingly nice. Mine looks a bit slubbier than the one pictured though, you should see if you can see it in person. My favorite part about mine is the slubbiness, it looks really good with a blue oxford, dark slubby jeans and a dark tie.

Verbal

Reaction score
Seeing as it is one of the first posts of this thread, I am surprised to have searched and not seen more discussion of the Fair Isle sweater. Are those who bought it happy with it? As another poster got at 10 pages back, is it likely to eventually go on sale?

A separate question for those with the Suede MacAlister boots: is the suede quality enough to deal with rain or not so much? In general, are you happy with them or might I look at the very similar Clarks desert boot?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some photos of the RW Wabasha chukka boot.

Mini lug sole takes down the clunkiness factor. Fit is half size large.

srgprod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Day Man
I stopped in the Bridgewater Commons store today and picked up the salt-soaked 501s on sale for $19.99. Really couldn't beat it for that price considering they are still online for $138.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/d...4695/24695.jsp

I got two pairs today at the same price. You can't beat this. These are a steal at Gap sale prices. The jeans are actually really, really nice and fit perfectly.. I love this wash as well.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srgprod
I got two pairs today at the same price. You can't beat this. These are a steal at Gap sale prices. The jeans are actually really, really nice and fit perfectly.. I love this wash as well.

Where are you guys getting them for $20? In store?

chiamdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Some photos of the RW Wabasha chukka boot.

Mini lug sole takes down the clunkiness factor. Fit is half size large.

These look great.

ceekay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
anyone check out the herringbone vest?
images_onFigure_30_30945_30945_WA0950_m_tif_6ff20b1feb6a1840.jpg

brooks has a sick one that is a bit pricey, but this might do in a pinch.

have it.. actually wore it this morning... except i got it for about $20
laugh.gif

i love it.. seems a little short even though im usually too small for their clothes.. i do love it though its a great heavy quality tweed..

iotan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Verbal
Seeing as it is one of the first posts of this thread, I am surprised to have searched and not seen more discussion of the Fair Isle sweater. Are those who bought it happy with it? As another poster got at 10 pages back, is it likely to eventually go on sale?

I have the fair isle sweater but am considering returning it. I lie the pattern and coloring very much but neck seems to funnel up my neck slightly in a manner that I am not a big fan of. Otherwise I would like it very much.

srgprod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
Where are you guys getting them for $20? In store?
Yeah. In store. I don't know what stores have these or what's available. You need to call around to see if they have them. I'm not sure they'll know what these are as they weren't widely available. A couple of things that are weird with these...Hem is not chainstitched and the back pockets are bar tacked. I'm replacing my $30 beater 501's with these so I couldn't be happier with them!! Here's the item number if anyone is interested... Levi's 501 salt-soaked selvedge jean $138.00 item 24695

KPO89

Reaction score

A separate question for those with the Suede MacAlister boots: is the suede quality enough to deal with rain or not so much? In general, are you happy with them or might I look at the very similar Clarks desert boot?

The suede is definitely not rain worthy. I can't speak for clarks.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have Clarks in suede and they're not made for rain or snow! The MacAllister would be the same. I just ordered Polo Ranger Boots in grey for the snow and winter
boxing[1].gif

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
+1. i slept on the chukka version and it went on a pretty good sale
ffffuuuu.gif
may pick these up...

I've wanted to pick them up with the free shipping the last two 30% off final sale things but I can never get my total above 150 after code
ffffuuuu.gif

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
The suede is definitely not rain worthy. I can't speak for clarks.

So buy a spray water protectant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads