J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

i have the same problem with jcrew shirts....... i am inbetween a small and extra small.......... i tried their new slim fit shirts in size small and the fit is very nice except the length is about 1.5 inches too long or else it would be the perfect shirt for me....... unfortunately the XS is tight in the chest area on the regular fit
    After 3 washes, the length should come up a bit... As for 484 vs. slim fit.. I was under the impression that the 484 cord WAS the slim fit.. could be wrong, though. Edit: looks like your question was answered =)

2. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

My pair was just under $40 shipped. Keep an eye out, there are some good deals.

ur absolutely right about ebay. it's all about patience. i pulled the trigger at the the ss just because ebay doesn't allow u the ability to try on and see in person.

3. JTK

JTK Senior member

Both taper. Vintage slim is more like the New Standards. 484 slim would be more like petite standards. Smaller thighs smaller cuff.

My Vintage slim denim runs about 8.5 hem
    My 484 slim runs about a 7.5 hem

Thee vintage slim is more like the 514, and the NS (after break-in). I had the 484, but they were way too snug for me and had to return for the vintage.

4. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Hmm, so i ordered one of the Heller's tshirts (returned it as it was a big big on me) and just today got this email:

"So glad that you’ve ordered our Heller's CafÃ[​IMG]™ by Warehouse tee. Wanted to reach out to make sure your order arrived as expected--we’re excited about our new partnership and hope that you love it as much as we do!

As a personal shopper, I’d be happy to provide you with updates regarding new partnerships as they occur. Would also be able to assist with locating that hard to find item you can’t live without as well as providing styling suggestions in the future. I have included my work schedule and contact information below. Looking forward to working with you!"

Thought it was interesting that they're extending these offers.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Did anyone else notice that JCrew is now carrying Filson bags?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/a...8154/38154.jsp

I know a lot of people love Filson, but do we really need another retail outlet to carry them? I read the description and it doesn't look like this is a collaboration or anything. Just a plain Filson bag. The color is called "raw," but looks like it's just the normal tan with the photograph itself having a saturated look giving it a slight difference in appearance. Am I missing something here?

6. The Great Escape

The Great Escape New Member

Love the Mayfair top coat in SADDLE as well-I have it in NAVY but the SADDLE just pops more with a white t-shirt and some good jeans and indy's-

7. BossTweed

BossTweed Senior member

Digging this sweater -- anyone seen it in person?

[​IMG]

8. racknac

racknac Senior member

[​IMG]

it doesnt even look awesome on that guy... so it wont look good on you.

9. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

it doesnt even look awesome on that guy... so it wont look good on you.

That's putting it way too kindly, lol.

10. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

He looks like he hates wearing....you should too!!! This is the final ruling of styleforum!!!

11. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

[​IMG]

Yea, I've seen it. I almost lost my lunch. Thankfully, a hot red-head was my cashier.

As for the Filson bags... I wouldn't be surprised if J.Crew just bought some, leaned them in the picture, put a special light on them, and then added 30 dollars to the price. v__v

12. racknac

racknac Senior member

13. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...twTkwGKya16rY=

I just ordered this... hope it looks as good on me. I'm asian so it probably wont.

Hope you didn't pay full retail for that Heathered Wool... 188 if I'm not mistaken? You can get wayyy better cardigans on sale or from the B&S section here.

14. racknac

racknac Senior member

Hope you didn't pay full retail for that Heathered Wool... 188 if I'm not mistaken? You can get wayyy better cardigans on sale or from the B&S section here.

20% off? I really like the color on this one... obviously I'm a baller since I shop at Jcrew so price doesnt mean much to me.

15. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

20% off? I really like the color on this one... obviously I'm a baller since I shop at Jcrew so price doesnt mean much to me.

A baller to shop at J.Crew? [​IMG]