Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

It comes with a free tin of Turtle Wax.

2. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

a shirt made out of chamois seems weird.

i dry my car with that stuff.

i also sit on leather couches, sleep in cotton sheets, and paint on canvas, yet understand fabric has many different uses.

also chamois =/= chamois leather, which is the cod-liver oil tanned stuff noted for its absorbent properties, smoothness, and lack of streaking. the name is derived from the new zealand goats whose hides possess flannel-like qualities. although these days a lot of that fabric comes from sheep and non-new zealand goats.

3. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

[​IMG]

gotta recommend the chamois shirt, fits much better than ll bean signature's version, miles better than ones from brands like land's end and orvis. pretty solid overshirt fit. also picked up the sueded fleece polo in olive green.

the problem with wearing jcrew shirts for casual wear (ie untucked) is that the shirt hems on all of their shirts are usually a good 3-4 inches too long, as is the case with yours. i find myself returning a lot of their shirts for this reason, although I have found maybe one or two out of 15 or so that I have purchased over the past few years that have a proper hem. Its rather strange that 99% of their shirts must be worn tucked to look decent. Their new slim cut has alleviated this problem somewhat although I'm stuck between an XS and S and neither fits properly.

4. Ivana Trump

Ivana Trump New Member

J.Crew is slaying me with their current collection. what is a broke college student to do, lol?

5. relax99

relax99 Well-Known Member

J.Crew is slaying me with their current collection. what is a broke college student to do, lol?

+1

6. ceekay

ceekay Active Member

the problem with wearing jcrew shirts for casual wear (ie untucked) is that the shirt hems on all of their shirts are usually a good 3-4 inches too long, as is the case with yours. i find myself returning a lot of their shirts for this reason, although I have found maybe one or two out of 15 or so that I have purchased over the past few years that have a proper hem. Its rather strange that 99% of their shirts must be worn tucked to look decent. Their new slim cut has alleviated this problem somewhat although I'm stuck between an XS and S and neither fits properly.

im the same.. so i only buy their shirts for tucking.. i mean like you i have a few that happen to be shorter for some reason but for the most part they hang low.. and theres no way i can button the top two buttons on an XS. for untucked random day shirts i just take whatever works.. beggars cant be choosers.. last shirt i got for untucking was a club room fitted flannelish shirt from macys.. 20$ fits perfect and the plaid on it is my new favorite..

7. butterflystyle

butterflystyle Senior member

That is NOT the problem here...

8. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

[​IMG]

gotta recommend the chamois shirt, fits much better than ll bean signature's version, miles better than ones from brands like land's end and orvis. pretty solid overshirt fit. also picked up the sueded fleece polo in olive green.

i tried this on in a small, the issue i had with it was the front pockets aren't to scale. they put the same pocket size for a large with a small, and it's huge.

9. adambz

adambz Active Member

Have any of you seen the vintage marled fleece in stores? I'm looking to order one but can't decide on which color.

10. aphextwin07

Have any of you seen the vintage marled fleece in stores? I'm looking to order one but can't decide on which color.

i ordered the full zip one online and it was nothing like what is pictured on the website. the quality was extremely cheap looking and the interior was rough and abrasive. i knew within seconds of even looking at it that i would return it.

11. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

i ordered the full zip one online and it was nothing like what is pictured on the website. the quality was extremely cheap looking and the interior was rough and abrasive. i knew within seconds of even looking at it that i would return it.
    The vintage marled fleece or just the regular fleece full zip? Others have said the marled fleece is thick, super soft, but with a waffle knit texture to it. Also what do you mean by "extremely cheap looking"? Badly stitched? Holes? One sleeve longer than the other?

12. tit_tyrant

tit_tyrant Well-Known Member

The vintage marled fleece or just the regular fleece full zip? Others have said the marled fleece is thick, super soft, but with a waffle knit texture to it. Also what do you mean by "extremely cheap looking"? Badly stitched? Holes? One sleeve longer than the other?

I was quite interested in the sun-faded fleece but in waiting for a free shipping code on their website, I have reconsidered the vintage marled fleece. If anyone does have any more information on either sweatshirt, it would be greatly appreciated by me as well.

13. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

Same problem here I didnt think it was the length before till I got my mediums tailored and whenever I tuck them in they billow out.The lightweight ones actually had a decent length to them,which they were actually shorter.
    Jcrew's sizings are just really really off and are not flattering on anyone.I think they size it for bro's and skinny asians guys and well.we know Bro's dont shop there..

14. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I like the length of the shirts, tucked or untucked. I'm not a huge fan of shirts with shorter hems, I like having the option to tuck. Also, I want the cashmere overcoat....$995 though. [​IMG]

15. aphextwin07

this one and one other one that i can't find online right now. they look cheap as in the quality of the materials just appears that way. cant really comment on the fit, I ordered a S and it was massive in all proportions for what their size S typically is.