J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Stewbone

Stewbone Senior member

Just to comment on the MacAlister/clarks debate. I bought the oiled leather brown desert boots, and so far after 4 months I am nothing but impressed with the quality and how well the shoes are breaking in.

2. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

Just to comment on the MacAlister/clarks debate. I bought the oiled leather brown desert boots, and so far after 4 months I am nothing but impressed with the quality and how well the shoes are breaking in.

I was wondering how those broke in. Glad to hear good. 1 question, though. How bright is the luster on them?

3. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

Anyone know if Jcrew is having any sales soon? Or does anyone have a 20% coupon they are willing to part with or I can purchase? Let me know. Thanks.

4. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

I think that's the first time I've seen someone post that, the typical opinion is that Clarks are a far better shoe.

To each their own I suppose.

the mcallisters are (were?) made in italy and definitely feel more luxe and have a better silhouette than the clarks imo. the suede is better quality on the ones i own and it definitely dresses up better.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

... They are herringbone. He posted 2 different jackets, both J.Crew. The bigger image is the 2nd smaller image, but closer up. The 1st smaller image is the Khaki herringbone...
    Maybe its my monitor but those definitely don't look herringbone nor do they look anything like the blown up pic.

6. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

It's still hard for me to wrap my head around someone over 6 feet tall being able to wear a small long sleeve shirt from JCrew, but I guess it's possible. What size dress shirts do you wear? I need a 36/37 for my arms.

I wear a 15 neck and 32 or 33 sleeve since I don't like them very long.

7. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I have Mccalisters and definitely like the shape better.

8. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Senior member

Wow, I'm surprised you tall guys can fit into this stuff. I guess I prefer my sleeves and body length to be longer on stuff. I'm 6'2 180 lbs. I wear a 16.5 collar and 34/35 arms.

I can't fit into anything less than a Large at J.Crew. I recently picked up some crew neck pocket tees (2 large-tall and one large) The large talls fit pretty good, the regular large is just about perfect, barely cutting it on the length. The Henleys I needed to size up to the XL because the Large was body and sleeves were too short.

There's no way I could fit into a small, let alone a medium.

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

those definitely don't look herringbone nor do they look anything like the blown up pic.

+1

10. birdsg

birdsg Active Member

hope they have the firemans hoodie in the store this weekend. really liking that

11. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

are these the same sportcoat? first pic is from their new mad. ave store and second is the one thats online right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Just buy a Barbour International. Best of both worlds.

Truth. The more I look at pictures the more I like the Barbour better than the two Belstaff jackets I'd been looking at. And, hey, it's cheaper. How often does that happen? Bonus.

13. fueledbynewjersey

fueledbynewjersey Senior member

I have stone macalisters and the heel is a little bit shorter then the clarks and also the height of the leather part covering the ankles. They're very comfortable though and look great

14. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

^That Fair Isle is definitely looking good!

15. Stewbone

Stewbone Senior member

I was wondering how those broke in. Glad to hear good. 1 question, though. How bright is the luster on them?

[​IMG]
    Just to update my previous comment, they are 3 months old. Ive worn them for 10-20 times. I also have hand rubbed a thin layer of mink oil on them. The picture is for you to judge.

Im hoping they keep fading as there going to get a ton of wear this fall.