• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

freewilliee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alastiar
OMG i love this cashmere sweater so much, but am so afraid of their cashmere quality. have their cashmere quality gotten any better than previous years?

asd.jpg

amazing..

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stewbone
Most of it is already sold out, so I'd say they did pretty good. Although they only maybe one or two of each of them.

^yes, its because warehouse only produces in very small numbers. think of warehouse as the opposite of the crew....

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alastiar
OMG i love this cashmere sweater so much, but am so afraid of their cashmere quality. have their cashmere quality gotten any better than previous years?

asd.jpg

Super nice.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Heller's Cafe stuff does look interesting, but waaay overpriced for stuff that looks like it was found under an old rusted pickup truck.

alastiar

Reaction score
r u guys being sarcastic about the J.crew cashmere sweater? im so clueless

EdenResident

Reaction score
I don't understand the Heller's Cafe stuff (and the losers who actually buy it). The point of buying vintage is because they're authentic. Why buy reproductions at a premium? What makes this any different from the fake vintage mall brand stuff like Abercrombie? This is like buying a Rembrandt print for MORE than the real one used to go for back then. It doesn't make any sense.

ahe

Reaction score
I've found that in general they seem to be slimmer, they also a tad bit shrink more.

Honestly I am a fan of Jcrew outlet shirts, I have many of their mainline ones and a couple of their outlet shirts. I like the patterns and I've had the outlet shirts for 2yrs now and they've held up fine. Yes their fabric isn't as nice but its not like they fall apart either.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
I don't understand the Heller's Cafe stuff (and the losers who actually buy it). The point of buying vintage is because they're authentic. Why buy reproductions at a premium? What makes this any different from the fake vintage mall brand stuff like Abercrombie? This is like buying a Rembrandt print for MORE than the real one used to go for back then. It doesn't make any sense.
to some extent your right...but i buy japanese jean repos at least three times a year, but there raw so its not quite the same thing... on the flip side, however, there is some genius in what they do. i mean, your really paying for the process. yes, in general, warehouse clothing is like 5 steps better than a typical crew piece in terms of quality, production, etc., but its the process that makes these pieces really unique. i can respect the process even though it is not something i would ever wear. i can certainly see the amount of time it took to get it to look like the original piece. those pieces were sold to collectors, and that is how the crew planned it, imo. nobody sweating over a $49 blend sweater purchase is even going to think about buying a piece from warehouse. there just not the same person. but it does get people talking about them like we are now....

bluecafe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident

I think those prices are ridiculous but I'd be one of the "losers" who would buy Hellers if I could afford it. I love vintage but don't have the time to spend my weekends scouring fleamarkets all over the south looking for items that I like and that fit. Lazy way out I know, but I like what I like. RRL is another that comes to mind that seems ridiculously overpriced for something that looks like it was dug out of an old cellar from a farmhouse in Kansas.... but I still like much of it.

Assholes like you who attempt to put down people who like things you "don't get" piss me off to no end. You couldn't ******* pay me to wear some of the **** I see in here... jeans with ankles that look like stacks of pancakes or fucked up looking $500++ hightop tennis shoes... are you ******* kidding me? I stay out of those threads and don't call people who like that stuff losers just because my tastes are different. I can appreciate the stuff even if I would never wear it and think anyone who would spend that much on it are insane. A lot of assholes on here can't seem to do that and spout off like their tastes are the be all/end all. GTFOHWTBS.

mdeep1

Reaction score
Could someone explain what the hell J. Crew factory is?

AEB A4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
Could someone explain what the hell J. Crew factory is?

Its stuff they carry at the outlet stores.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluecafe

Assholes like you who attempt to put down people who like things you "don't get" piss me off to no end. You couldn't ******* pay me to wear some of the **** I see in here... jeans with ankles that look like stacks of pancakes or fucked up looking $500++ hightop tennis shoes... are you ******* kidding me? I stay out of those threads and don't call people who like that stuff losers just because my tastes are different. I can appreciate the stuff even if I would never wear it and think anyone who would spend that much on it are insane. A lot of assholes on here can't seem to do that and spout off like their tastes are the be all/end all. GTFOHWTBS.

jeez dude, a simple
ffffuuuu.gif
would have sufficed.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind buying some outlet items if they weren't so expensive compared to mainline.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried on or purchased the Barbour or Belstaff jackets? I'm wondering two things:

1. How nice are they?
2. How much better is Belstaff than Barbour?

I'm looking at the Barbour Bedale, Belstaff Sammy Miller, and Barbour original waxed jacket from their own website.

I suppose I could use the red phone and have both sent to the store closest to me but was hoping to hear some responses first.

Thanks, gents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads