• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

ceekay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Thinking of picking up a pair of navy cords.
Thoughts on either of these cuts????
484 slim fit
straight fit

they dont make the 484 in navy >_<... they make 3 shades of black.. why? i dont know. i asked the service person and she said "what colors are available for one cut may not be in another"... stupid.

here i thought dark brown was just out of stock.. i got one of the faded black colors and it has a nice not-black feel to it. i do love the pants..

pokpok

Reaction score
i dont even know why i want this
ffffuuuu.gif

images_eiec_27_27869_27869_EC0302_tif_3e9b0aa787eb17c8.jpg

Hobbs

Reaction score
Saw this piece in the latest Monocle:

bcJKzl.jpg

Since when do J Crew Secret Wash shirts have chambray lined collars and MOP buttons? I can't find any mention of this on their site.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ceekay
they dont make the 484 in navy >_<... they make 3 shades of black.. why? i dont know. i asked the service person and she said "what colors are available for one cut may not be in another"... stupid.

here i thought dark brown was just out of stock.. i got one of the faded black colors and it has a nice not-black feel to it. i do love the pants..

yeah, would it kill them to make a dark/chocolate brown...?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a plaid secret wash shirt and it has the chambray lined collare, nicer buttons and a button on the back of the collar as well...my other SW shirt does not have this. The plaid is a new colorway for this year I think. I also find that the new shirts fits slimmer then my other one, though this could be just normal sizing variance I suppose.

rdev

Reaction score
They don't mention chambray lined collars, but many of the shirts have them. If you look at the photos on the site, you can see it in many of the secret wash shirts.

I've only seen MOP buttons on the chambray shirts, but Monocle mentions the Thomas Mason fabric, so the MOP buttons might just be on those shirts.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine are definitely not MOP buttons, though I do think they are a little nicer then my other shirt.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ That's good to hear, I think a chambray lining on casual shirts is a nice touch, and it gives the collar some form.

Still pissed I missed out on the cadet jacket during the 30% off final clearance sale...lesson learned, whe you want something don't sit on it because you'll eventually forget.
frown.gif

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
it's a definite workwear item, the kind you'd find at ll bean, orvis and hunting shops and fits like a tent. thankfully j crew's does not. it's a great alternative to flannel and can be worn as a shirt or shirt jacket. i personally like the layered collar look, especially tucked in jeans or olive chinos with some hardy looking boots.
Regarding your Belstaff Roadmaster, can you measure the shoulders for me? What's your chest size also? I'm not sure if I would be a small or medium. The measurements J Crew gave me for the shoulders were taken 6 inches down the back (which doesn't make any sense).

dave333

Reaction score
The new fall arrivals are so nice but outta my broke college price range -__-

ceekay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
yeah, would it kill them to make a dark/chocolate brown...?

esp when they make the same pants already in straight fit.. that stuff makes me mad.. also i just noticed that my chinos i love so much that i bought like 4 different pair, are some how at least an inch and a half shorter than all my new ones. so my favorite pants are actually mistakes.. great. i cant have a second pair

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Regarding your Belstaff Roadmaster, can you measure the shoulders for me? What's your chest size also? I'm not sure if I would be a small or medium. The measurements J Crew gave me for the shoulders were taken 6 inches down the back (which doesn't make any sense).

my chest is around 38/39. the sleeves are a good 26" or so on the jacket, and my shoulders are 17." definitely some room so i can layer this badboy.

Originally Posted by rdev
I've only seen MOP buttons on the chambray shirts, but Monocle mentions the Thomas Mason fabric, so the MOP buttons might just be on those shirts.

thomas mason shirts do have MOP buttons. i think they may not be made in china either but i'll have to consult my closet to be sure.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AEB A4
Heads up to anyone using the student / teacher discount online. They dont offer the 15% off anymore online starting September 12th, only full price instore items can be bought with the discount now. F YOU J Crew!!

Wait tell you hear about there new return policy starting tomorrow. You'll love them even more <33

/sarcasm

Meekus

Reaction score
I just received a pair of Urban Slim fit grey broken-in chinos from the final sale. And I must say, I am extremely angry. The waist, which is supposed to be a 30, fits more like a 34, and the pants are anything but slim. I have classic fit broken in chinos, and these urban fit are wider in the hips and the legs. They say slim on the inside, dont know what is going on, but J Crew will not let me return them, at least with whomever I spoke with over the phone.

I also bought two of their new slim fit button downs...also not so slim, just barely smaller than their normal tailored fit.

I honestly expected more, considering all of my classic fit chinos have been worn for at least a year and still look new from J Crew.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads