• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea...I do not have a J crew card though.

farraj18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AEB A4
Does the fact that you do or don't get a coupon based on if you have a J.Crew card? Or possibly have something to do with where you live?

I've received a coupon in my f/w catalogue but I did not get one in my s/s catalogue.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farraj18
I've received a coupon in my f/w catalogue but I did not get one in my s/s catalogue.

They have a catalog every month. 3 in December.

trunks206

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Got the catalog with coupon today...probably use it to pick up a new sherpa hoody which is my winter around-the-house staple. Unfortunately the coupon code no longer works for collaboration items, was hoping to get some of the new Quoddys as well but that is a no-go.

Unless they actually did something to change it the coupon should still work on collaborations. I used the one I got last month to get a pair of Aldens and it worked despite the fact that it said in the fine print it excluded them. Try it on the check-out because it may still work.

Audi A4B:
No and no imo. I don't have a jcrew card and I gotten one in the mail twice. My gf who at one point lived a couple blocks away from me has never received one. Maybe it has to do with how much money you spend there or something, I got a month long "25% off" everything card twice that were sent directly to me, but that was a few years ago.

mikeharo

Reaction score
"fall lookbook" link has been taken down from website....perhaps fall line releases coming soon???

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206

Unless they actually did something to change it the coupon should still work on collaborations. I used the one I got last month to get a pair of Aldens and it worked despite the fact that it said in the fine print it excluded them. Try it on the check-out because it may still work.

Yeah I know, I bought a pair of Aldens with one a couple months ago myself....doesn't seem to work now though unfortuantely. Tried it a few time with Aldens and with Quoddys to see if I could get it to work..was thinking about the cordovan cap toes or the Quoddy bluchers but no-go on either of them. They went in and "fixed" the problem I guess...no more coupons for colabs
frown.gif

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Yeah I know, I bought a pair of Aldens with one a couple months ago myself....doesn't seem to work now though unfortuantely. Tried it a few time with Aldens and with Quoddys to see if I could get it to work..was thinking about the cordovan cap toes or the Quoddy bluchers but no-go on either of them. They went in and "fixed" the problem I guess...no more coupons for colabs
frown.gif

Good to know. Thanks.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Audi A4B:
No and no imo. I don't have a jcrew card and I gotten one in the mail twice. My gf who at one point lived a couple blocks away from me has never received one. Maybe it has to do with how much money you spend there or something, I got a month long "25% off" everything card twice that were sent directly to me, but that was a few years ago.

Precisely why coupons stop working...people broadcast quirks like this. Happened with some Levi's codes recently too. People from corporate read these boards, take note, and take action.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Is the stuff from the clearance center just overstocks/discontinued items or are they defects? I'm thinking of buying something on ebay that has a line through the label (which if I recall correctly means its from the clearance center).

pokpok

Reaction score

Audi A4B:

does this have to do with giving them your email when you purchase instore?

i only received a coupon twice. havent got one in ages.

AEB A4

Reaction score
Just saw the picture on GQ for the new mens store in NYC. Might stop by this weekend and see what they have.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Is the stuff from the clearance center just overstocks/discontinued items or are they defects? I'm thinking of buying something on ebay that has a line through the label (which if I recall correctly means its from the clearance center).
I'm not sure about clearance centers, but the J. Crew Outlets stuff are made to be of lower quality, to compliment the prices. The tags even look different.

AEB A4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
I'm not sure about clearance centers, but the J. Crew Outlets stuff are made to be of lower quality, to compliment the prices. The tags even look different.

Yup, found that out with the ties and a shirt I picked up at an outlet. Although they did have a few good things. The same tie clips they carry online for $75 or so where in jars throughout the store for $20.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads