J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

You're right, I guess it is called the woodland. It looks nearly identical to the fireman's. Either way, I won't miss it this time 'round.

There's a similar version this fall called the woodland but the preview pictures only show it in olive.

For anybody who's saw the Firmeans jacket, was it as thick/warm as the oilcloth field jacket or was it a thin/unlined spring weight?

2. fueledbynewjersey

fueledbynewjersey Senior member

Hope you don't mind me posting this in the F/W discussion thread but could anyone tell me if the Jcrew madras shirts shrink much when washed? I have a couple shirts, with tags, and they're too big for me around the waist and in the sleeves. I don't have a problem getting the shirts tailored, but taking in the sleeves is going to be too much- might as well just sell them.
    I know I could just try it, but then I can't resell them being new & with tags.

An answer would be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

I own like 7 of them. They basically don't shrink at all in thr wash. Ive done both dryer and hang dry with almost no difference. If they don't fit you well basically Your best bet is tailoring. Hope this helps

3. Robert

Robert Senior member

There's a similar version this fall called the woodland but the preview pictures only show it in olive.

For anybody who's saw the Firmeans jacket, was it as thick/warm as the oilcloth field jacket or was it a thin/unlined spring weight?

I own that, too. It's unlined. Feels more like a warmer weather raincoat.

4. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Does anybody have a 20% off coupon from the Sept catalog. If so can you please pm it to me if you are not going to use it?

5. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior member

Have they stopped doing 30% off $150+ or whatever amount it was they used to do? I mean as a promotional, sale kind of thing.

6. sazon

sazon Senior member

Have they stopped doing 30% off $150+ or whatever amount it was they used to do? I mean as a promotional, sale kind of thing.

I think it was 20% off $175 purchases (excl. collab items). They seem to have to these just 2x a year

7. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Anyone know what the deal is with when we're going to see this cardigan?

[​IMG]

8. rdev

rdev Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the deal is with when we're going to see this cardigan?

I asked about it and was told it will be offered in October. If you want to pre-order it, it's the Suede Fleece Workwear Cardigan (#31364). It's being offered in "Heather Onyx." The price will be $98.

9. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Anyone know when the grey tweed suit and fair isle sweater featured in the very first post in this thread will be released?

10. ceekay

ceekay Active Member

last year around the fall jcrew had a coat that was similar to a field coat.. it was trim fit, down, and tan with dark brown shoulders. does any one know what the name of this jacket was? sorry for the lofty description. [​IMG]

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I asked about it and was told it will be offered in October. If you want to pre-order it, it's the Suede Fleece Workwear Cardigan (#31364). It's being offered in "Heather Onyx." The price will be $98.
    I think it may be in stores sooner than that. I stopped by the local J. Crew earlier today and saw that cardigan (or one that is very similar to it). The only reason it caught my attention was the really high neck line.

12. pokpok

pokpok Senior member

I think it may be in stores sooner than that. I stopped by the local J. Crew earlier today and saw that cardigan (or one that is very similar to it). The only reason it caught my attention was the really high neck line.

i think the one you're talking about is the dark charcoal cardigan but it didnt have buttons on the pockets.

13. d-nice

d-nice Senior member

Does anybody have a 20% off coupon from the Sept catalog. If so can you please pm it to me if you are not going to use it?

I just received the Sept catalog in the mail but where would the code be?

14. d-nice

d-nice Senior member

Did anyone buy this yet? If so, fit comments?

[​IMG]

15. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Did anyone buy this yet? If so, fit comments?

[​IMG]

I haven't seen it yet, but I can tell you it won't fit like that.
    It has been pinned at least once.