1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. supermidget

supermidget Senior member

still waiting for the toggle cardigan to show up in the jcrew stores in NYC. anyone seen it yet? hows the fit?

2. intent

intent Senior member

still waiting for the toggle cardigan to show up in the jcrew stores in NYC. anyone seen it yet? hows the fit?
    I have the toggle cardigan in M. Probably fits "big" for SW&D standards, but I like the chunkiness.

3. palma

palma Senior member

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if J Crew already did or were planning on doing this jacket http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...6051/96051.jsp in some shade of green? Also, if anybody has any experience with this jacket could you comment on how true the sizing is and quality of the cloth.

Thanks,

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    While I 100% agree that JCrew's shipping policies are outrageous, you guys do know you can get free shipping on items via the Red Phone in stores right? It's a little trick to get around the shipping charges on most items.

I do wish JCrew would follow GAP/BR's and offer $7 flat rate shipping for all items.

5. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member

I thought they stopped doing that?

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if J Crew already did or were planning on doing this jacket http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...6051/96051.jsp in some shade of green? Also, if anybody has any experience with this jacket could you comment on how true the sizing is and quality of the cloth.

Thanks,

i tried htis on the other day and it fits very big for a j crew m

7. ceekay

ceekay Active Member

yea their shipping is pretty expensive but why pay it? just go to the store with a list of everything you want and order it from there.. I've never paid shipping, even on sale items. plus they will give you the student or teacher discount too. I think it's actually a very good system and the are always super nice about it all.

8. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i tried htis on the other day and it fits very big for a j crew m

+1. i ordered an M last year and sent it back because it was so big. great jacket and i'm sure an S would have fit but i'm lazy.

9. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

quick verdict on the new slim fit: similar to gitman vintage, slim body, slightly higher armholes, but the sleeves are still roomy. it's between the polo custom fit and brooks brothers extra-slim.

10. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

quick verdict on the new slim fit: similar to gitman vintage, slim body, slightly higher armholes, but the sleeves are still roomy. it's between the polo custom fit and brooks brothers extra-slim.

Are the shoulders still wide or did they narrow them up?

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Maybe if we all keep bitching about the shipping policy at least 6 times on each page here, J. Crew might change their policy. No?

12. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Maybe if we all keep bitching about the shipping policy at least 6 times on each page here, J. Crew might change their policy. No?

We should send the link to this thread to them.

The shipping and brokerage costs are a kick in the nuts when you live in Canada. I like J Crew, but can only order during big sales/free shipping combos.

Also, excellent sig.

13. BlueWord

BlueWord Well-Known Member

This sounds promising. I think I'm going to take a dive on one of the shirts, if it fits like you said. A medium between those two would be ideal for me, I think.

14. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

Are the shoulders still wide or did they narrow them up?

the main difference is that the cut is more uniform throughout the shirt, where as the secret wash shirts have a very noticeable "V" cut and get blousy towards the armpits, these are more streamlined. it's not super tight but you defnitely don't get the muffintop blousiness when you tuck in the shirt. it's by no means perfect but if this was how their shirts fit OTR in the first place a lot of people here would be satisfied i think. i don't think it's worth paying the extra cash for the slim fit thoguh.

15. ahe

ahe Senior member

Who needs a 20% off coupon?

16. Piroshky

Piroshky Senior member

17. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

18. SlyGuyWT

SlyGuyWT Member

19. ahe

ahe Senior member

Sorry guys, AMinterlockingny got to me first!

20. thoogsby

thoogsby Senior member

Got the secret wash button down in Blarney Tartan in a medium-tall. Great shirt and a good fit for a tall dude like me.

e: Fuckers need to make some medium tall or "slim" option lambswool sweaters pronto.